[Eril-l] Access to electronic resources for non-credit continuing education students?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu Aug 31 09:58:06 PDT 2023

Hi All, one of our colleges is offering non-credit continuing education courses.  These folks aren't in our Banner system and won't be issued an institutional email address nor accounts so access through our proxy serve will be problematic.  These will be 8-week courses, so relatively short.  How are other libraries handling this situation?  We met with the college and they refer to the students as participants, not students.

Thanks,
Stew

Stew MacLehose, MLIS, MSEd
Associate Dean of Library Services
Digital Services & Systems Librarian
Library Services
University of New England
716 Stevens Ave. Portland, ME 04103
smaclehose at une.edu

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you suspect that you were not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender as soon as possible.