[Eril-l] E-book demand-driven acquisitions in the newest issue of TCB: Technical Services in Religion & Theology

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Aug 25 12:33:26 PDT 2023

Check out the newest issue
<https://serials.atla.com/tcb/issue/view/336> of *TCB:
Technical Services in Religion & Theology*! In our *Perspectives and
Practices *section, Don Butterworth, Wesley Custer, and Paul Tippey
describe their implementation of an e-book demand-driven acquisitions
process at Asbury Theological Seminary. Our *Bibliography *section lists
newly published articles covering various aspects of demand-driven
acquisitions. Also in this issue are updated Library of Congress subject
heading and classification changes in religious and theological studies, as
well as a list of professional development opportunities covering various
areas of technical services.

We invite you to submit to *TCB*! Highlight your skills and interests in
our *Perspectives and Practices *section by describing a project you found
challenging, providing a first-hand account of a conference or training
session, outlining a process followed in your work, or reporting on a trend
in the field of technical services. Our readers would love to hear about
your experiences, which can provide insight and inspiration for others
doing similar work in the field. Ideas may encompass a range of activities
related to technical services, such as acquisitions, cataloging and
metadata, serials and electronic resources (including open access
resources), collection management, digital archives, or leadership and
management. Submissions should be 1,000-2,500 words and can include images
with appropriate copyright permission and attribution.

If writing a shorter piece works better for your busy schedule, you can
also contribute to our new Reviews section by submitting a brief review of
200-500 words on open source and proprietary software, library management
systems, or other tools and resources implemented and utilized to support
acquiring, maintaining, and providing access to information resources.

Submit a Review or a *Perspectives and Practices *piece directly on our
Submissions <https://serials.atla.com/tcb/about/submissions> page. If you
have any questions, contact us at tcb at myatla.org.

*Christa Strickler*
Editor-in-Chief of *TCB: Technical Services in Religion & Theology*
tcb at myatla.org

*Collection Metadata Integrity & Management Librarian *
*Hesburgh Libraries*

*University of Notre Dame*
418 Hesburgh Library
Notre Dame, IN 46556