[Eril-l] Reporting from OASPA's 'Equity in OA' workshop 2: why do professors pick paywalls?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed Apr 26 07:44:51 PDT 2023

OASPA is happy to share with you the most recent output from our ongoing
Equity in OA workshop series: *Report from Equity in Open Access workshop
#2: Why do professors pick paywalls?*
<https://oaspa.org/report-from-equity-in-open-access-workshop-2-why-do-professors-pick-paywalls/>

This blog links to the formal workshop #2 report, and also sets out our
thoughts on the 'payment problem', the 'prestige problem' and funding
challenges that block pathways to progress with certain approaches. The
thinking in this post also provides the framework for OASPA's future work
on Equity in OA.

Receiving inputs from a variety of perspectives is how the best learning
happens. We would truly welcome any comments or questions from you. Please
feel free to comment either publicly - below the text of our blog post - or
by sending an email to Malavika <malavika.legge at oaspa.org>.

Best wishes,

Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Did you know you can support OASPA's work even if you are not a publishing
organization? Join our other Supporters  - full information here
<https://oaspa.org/support-oaspa/>.

Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>