[Eril-l] Reminder: OASPA 2023 Conference Call For Panel Sessions (Deadline April 12)

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Mon Apr 3 07:34:56 PDT 2023

The OASPA annual conference <https://oaspa.org/conference/> brings the open
access community together to discuss new developments and innovations in
scholarly publishing, and unite in our shared goal to enable research
around the world to be openly accessible in line with our mission
<https://oaspa.org/about/mission-and-purpose/>.

The 2023 online conference will encourage participants to consider how we
might all work towards truly equitable and inclusive open scholarship
practices as well as address many timely and fundamental topics relating to
open scholarly communication. The conference will once again be held online
to ensure wide participation and the opportunity to welcome as many
participants as possible for collective reflection and discussion.

Call for Panel Session Proposals

As always, the majority of our conference is curated by our conference
program planning Committee.

This year, for the first time, we are opening up one session to the wider
community, hence this call. We would like to hear your suggestions for
panels addressing how we progress equitable and inclusive open scholarship
practices.  *OASPA invites proposals to be submitted by the deadline of
April 12, 2023. *Full information can be found on our blog
<https://oaspa.org/oaspa-online-conference-2023-call-for-panel-session-proposals/>
.

Proposals should not be promotional in nature. We ask that panels are
diverse in terms of ethnicity and gender, and to ensure speakers include
members of any communities under discussion.

*We particularly welcome submissions from beyond North America and Europe.
Please share this call widely within your networks.*

Our usual call for lightning talk poster proposals will follow in the
coming months. These are short talks showcasing new projects, ideas or
initiatives accompanied by a poster.
We look forward to receiving your suggestions!

Best wishes,
Bernie

*2023 Conference Program Committee*
Lucy Barnes (OpenBook Publishers)

Sara Bosshart (Royal Society of Chemistry)

Andrea Chiarelli (Research Consulting)

Kazuhiro Hayashi (National Institute of Science and Technology Policy -
NISTEP)

Haseeb Md Irfanullah (Independent Consultant)

Alex Mendonça (SciELO)

Catherine Mitchell (California Digital Library)

Tshiamo Motshegwa (African Open Science Platform (AOSP), NRF)

Lucy Oates (Oxford University Press)

Jadranka Stojanovski (University of Zadar and Ruđer Bošković Institute)

Elaine Tham (PLOS)

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>
OASPA Conference Information and past programs and recordings
<https://oaspa.org/conference> l  OASPA Webinars Webinars with links to
recordings <https://oaspa.org/information-resources/oaspa-webinars/>