[Eril-l] Economist usage statistics

Laura Spradlin lspradli at iwu.edu
Tue Oct 18 08:03:02 PDT 2022

Good morning!

Could anyone help us decipher Economist usage statistics? We have a group
subscription with the Economist, and the usage data they provided looks
different than it has in the past. We received a spreadsheet of usage data
with the following headings (I included some example numbers to help
illustrate):

Issue MonthYear (selected below)

Licenses

Members

Volume

May-22/23

10

20

15

We asked for clarification on these headings, and per the Economist's
customer support, "Members refers to the people that actually activated
their access to the subscription, Volume refers to the number of frequent
users (users that average @ reading 3+ articles per month) and Licences
refer to the number of licences purchased."

This left us even more confused! Could anyone help us understand these
stats or provide a different explanation of these headings?

Many thanks for your help!
Laura

Laura Spradlin
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
The Ames Library
Illinois Wesleyan University
(309) 556-3144
lspradli at iwu.edu