[Eril-l] Position Announcement: Electronic Resources Librarian at Vanderbilt University

Loree, Erin erin.loree at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Oct 7 05:19:48 PDT 2022

We are looking to grow our Eresources team!  To view the full job posting and apply, please visit https://ecsr.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/10003007/?utm_medium=jobshare.

Job Description

Vanderbilt University and the Vanderbilt Libraries are in an exciting time of transformation. With new leadership at the Chancellor, Provost and University Librarian levels, the Libraries are re-envisioning the future of library services at Vanderbilt. Through radical collaboration we seek to deepen student and faculty engagement with the libraries, equip students for life-long information proficiency, increase faculty research impact, create more opportunities for interdisciplinary experimentation, and optimize access to collections and resources, including marginalized and hidden histories and cultures.

We are seeking a team member to help us educate the next generation of leaders and enable research that solves our most pressing problems. We are looking for an innovative and user-centered problem solver ready to join our collaborative environment and transform library services.

The Electronic Resources Librarian is part of the Acquisitions & Eresources Team, a unit within the Core and Collection Services Team at Vanderbilt University and is a key contributor to the work required in the lifecycle of Vanderbilt University's licensed scholarly electronic resources, ensuring ongoing access through existing and newly envisioned technologies in support of teaching, learning, and research. This position will assist in the daily tasks associated with acquiring and managing electronic resources and contribute to efforts to create efficiencies and improve service to library users.

Reporting directly to the Director of the Acquisitions & Eresources Team, the Electronic Resources Librarian will collaborate daily with others throughout the library system, the University, and with publishers and technology providers.

Duties and Responsibilities

  *   Proactively assist in the management of technical and administrative changes related to electronic resource access.
  *   Resolve problems arising from the use of electronic resources and respond to end-user reported issues with licensed electronic resources.
  *   Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure ongoing access to licensed electronic resources (e.g., publisher package entitlements, databases, and other types of resources).
  *   Identify and stay abreast of emerging educational technologies and research methods, open access trends, related eresource and bibliographic standards, interoperability, and other technical issues related to the acquisition, licensing, access, usage, and data mining of electronic resources.
  *   Assist in developing procedures, documentation, and staff training for eresource management workflows.
  *   Recommend and help implement new approaches to electronic resource management, including end-user search interface options and tools to facilitate the delivery of information that supports research and learning.
  *   Assist in the publisher license review process and the day-to-day licensing and renewal workflow to ensure seamless access to electronic resources.
  *   Represent the library locally, regionally, and nationally.
  *   Actively contribute to the information science profession in the area of Electronic Resource Management.

Qualifications

  *   Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution is required.
  *   Demonstrated familiarity with issues, workflows, and tools related to eresource access, licensing, acquisitions, use, and management is necessary.
  *   Demonstrated familiarity of electronic resource industry standards, best practices, and protocols, including but not limited to ER Licensing, KBART, SUSHI, COUNTER, Project Transfer, and OpenURL is preferred.
  *   Demonstrated ability to successfully work both independently and in a highly collaborative setting, document and solve problems in a timely manner, and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced and changing environment is necessary.
  *   Demonstrated familiarity with issues related to contract and license interpretation and review is preferred.
  *   Demonstrated proficiency with office productivity software and the ability to adapt to new technologies as they evolve is necessary.
  *   Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills is necessary.

Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
At Vanderbilt University, we are intentional about and assume accountability for fostering advancement and respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion for all students, faculty, and staff. Our commitment to diversity makes us who we are. We have created a community that celebrates differences and lets individuality thrive. As part of this commitment, we actively value diversity in our workplace and learning environments as we seek to take advantage of the rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone. The diverse voices of Vanderbilt represent an invaluable resource for the University in its efforts to fulfill its mission and strive to be an example of excellence in higher education.

Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.

Please note, all candidates selected for an offer of employment are subject to pre-employment background checks, which may include but are not limited to, based on the role for which they have been selected: criminal history, education verification, social media review, motor vehicle records, credit history, and professional license verification.

About Us - Vanderbilt is a community of talented and diverse staff & faculty!
At Vanderbilt University<http://www.vanderbilt.edu/> , our work - regardless of title or role - is in service to an important and noble mission in which every member of our community serves in advancing knowledge and transforming lives on a daily basis. Located in Nashville<https://www.nashville.gov/>, Tennessee, on a 330+ acre campus and arboretum<https://www.vanderbilt.edu/trees/> dating back to 1873, Vanderbilt is proud to have been named as one of "America's Best Large Employers" as well as a top employer in Tennessee and the Nashville metropolitan area by Forbes for several years running. We welcome those who are interested in learning and growing professionally with an employer that strives to create, foster and sustain opportunities as an employer of choice through:

  *   Working and growing together as a community of communities... we are One Vanderbilt.
  *   Providing a work environment where every staff and faculty member can be their authentic and best self, while providing the resources and opportunities to learn and grow.
  *   Encouraging development, collaboration, and partnership both internally and externally while fostering the value that every member of the Vanderbilt community can lead and grow regardless of title or position.

We understand you have a choice when choosing where to work and pursue a career. We understand you are unique and have a story. We want to hear it. We encourage you to apply today so that you might become a part of our story.