[Eril-l] Job Opportunity: ILS / Technical Services Supervisor

Ben Heet bjheet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:11:37 PST 2022

Hello,

Skokie Public Library seeks an ILS/Technical Services Supervisor to provide
leadership and expertise in supervising our technical services and ILS
workflows. You will manage our III Sierra ILS and BiblioCore discovery
service, as well as supervise cataloging, processing, interlibrary loan,
and digitization staff.

We want to hear from you if you fully embrace our core service values of
community, collaboration, compassion, and curiosity; you have excellent
communication and social skills; you have a positive outlook; and you are
flexible with change. The successful candidate will have a passion for
maintaining accessible and equitable library collections, strong project
management skills, a collaborative and positive approach to problem
solving, and enthusiasm for supporting and empowering staff. Read the job
description <http://bit.ly/3TDn3iX> and learn more about our award-winning
library <https://skokielibrary.info/>.

If you are interested in applying, please be sure to read our strategic plan
<https://skokielibrary.info/about/strategic-plan/> and our
organizational culture
statement <https://skokielibrary.info/about/staff/culture/> to make sure
both resonate with you.

We seek those who share our passion for serving the people of Skokie. We
strive to reflect our community through our dedication to equity,
diversity, and inclusion. We strongly urge people of color, people who
identify as LGBTQ+, people of all ages, and people with disabilities to
apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

The annual pay range for new hires in this position is $58,957 to
$73,697. Offers
are made within this range based on competencies, experience, and internal
equity.

Quality benefits play a vital role in promoting the health and well-being
of our staff and their families, and this is why we offer a comprehensive
benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
coverage to eligible employees. We also have generous paid time off and
retirement plans for eligible employees.

Skokie is known for its diversity and is conveniently accessible from
Chicago and surrounding neighborhoods. The Edens Expressway (I-94) spans
Skokie's western edge, while Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and PACE
suburban bus lines and the CTA's Skokie Swift Yellow rail line offer
numerous options for public transportation.

Apply through the jobs page <https://skokielibrary.info/about/jobs/> on our
website. When using a Mac to apply, use a browser other than Safari.
Communication with applicants is made via email through BambooHR, our
Applicant Tracking System. Please add BambooHR to your list of acceptable
addresses in your email to ensure you receive emails during the application
process.

Position open until filled. To apply visit
https://skokielibrary.info/about/jobs. Please provide a cover letter with
your resume when applying.