[Eril-l] Applications Now Open for the NISO Plus 2023 Scholarship Program!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Tue Nov 15 09:01:23 PST 2022

**Apologies for cross posting**

We are delighted to announce that, with the generous support of this year’s
sponsors, Digital Science <https://www.digital-science.com/>, applications
are now open <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NPScholarships23> for the NISO
Plus 2023 scholarship program <https://niso.plus/scholarships/>.

Now in their fourth year, NISO Plus scholarships are intended for anyone
who feels that their voice and views are currently under-represented in
libraries, service providers/vendors, publishers, or other parts of the
information ecosystem. This includes, for example, people whose job
functions, organization types, or demographics are typically
under-represented — or not represented at all — in information community
events and activities. The scholarship program is part of our strategic
goal to improve diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
<https://groups.niso.org/higherlogic/ws/public/document?document_id=24006&wg_id=53c2059c-a08c-4a9f-bf79-c300141c1c08>
(DEIA) at NISO and in our wider community, and the selection committee will
include representatives from the NISO Board
<https://www.niso.org/what-we-do/directory/board-members>, our DEIA
Committee <https://www.niso.org/what-we-do/DEIcommittee>, the NISO Plus
Advisory Committee <https://niso.plus/advisory/>, and this year’s  Planning
Committee <https://niso.plus/np23-planning-committee/>, as well as from
previous scholarship cohorts.

Successful applicants will be eligible for:

   -

   Free registration for NISO Plus 2023 <https://niso.plus/>, a fully
   virtual conference taking place on February 14-16, 2023 (February 15-17 in
   Asia Pacific)
   -

   Networking opportunities throughout the year with NISO Board members,
   staff, and other past and present scholarship winners
   -

   Free registration for all NISO educational webinars
   <https://www.niso.org/events/upcoming> in 2023-25
   -

   Opportunities to volunteer for NISO committees and groups
   -

   And more!

If you’re interested in joining our scholarship program in 2023, or know
someone who is, please apply by December 5, 2023, using this questionnaire
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NPScholarships23>. The NISO Plus
Scholarships Committee will be reviewing all eligible applications, and we
will get back to everyone who applied by January 9, 2023.

NISO
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302
Baltimore, MD 21211
Phone: 301.654.2512