[Eril-l] University at Buffalo Libraries Employment Opportunity - Electronic Resources Analyst
unlsdb at buffalo.edu
Wed May 11 12:16:26 PDT 2022
Please consider joining our team here in beautiful Western NY. Buffalo is known as the City of Good Neighbors with four seasons, Canada is just a few minutes drive away, professional sports, well respected symphony, vibrant arts and music scene and more wonderful architecture than many major cities. Recreation opportunities abound as do culturals. The university is a key economic driver for the area. Did I mention the food? There are lot more great foods to try beyond chicken wings! Just ask me off list. 😊 As we approach Bloomsday, did you know that the UB Libraries Special Collections holds the manuscript of Ulysses? Looking forward to seeing many qualified applicants.
Thank you for your consideration.
Acquisitions Librarian for Continuing Resources and Licensing Specialist
University at Buffalo (SUNY)
134 Lockwood Library
Buffalo, NY 14260-2210
unlsdb at buffalo.edu
University at Buffalo Libraries
Electronic Resources Analyst
(Instructional Support Technician, SL-3)
The University at Buffalo Libraries seek a service-oriented, detail-driven Electronic Resources Analyst<https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/34634> (Instructional Support Technician) to join a team of dedicated professionals in the Discovery Services unit who work to provide library users with the resources they need for research, learning and teaching. The Electronic Resources Analyst is responsible for managing access points on the University at Buffalo Libraries’ website, Databases by Title list, and Product Description Pages (PDP). The incumbent will participate in projects to add, delete, and maintain electronic resources in Alma (University Libraries’ Services Platform), and manage trials of electronic resources including databases, collections, and individual e-resources. They will also work to resolve e-resources related problems and requests, which will include investigating technical issues and troubleshooting system functionality issues.
As the Electronic Resources Analyst, your key responsibilities will include:
* Serving as a member of the E-Resources Team in Discovery Services, which manages and supports access to the UB Libraries’ extensive e-resources collection (databases, e-journals and e-books).
* Troubleshooting and resolving e-resources related problems and requests entered via email or the UB Libraries Ticketing System on a regular, daily basis.
* Serving as the primary agent to coordinate all e-resources related tickets and resolve or assign them appropriately.
* Participating in projects to add, delete, and maintain electronic resources in Alma.
* Managing trials of electronic resources including databases, collections, and individual e-resources.
* Managing alerts related to e-resources issues and outages, ensuring status updates on the Libraries’ alerts page are accurate and timely.
* Assisting in the management of access points on the UB Libraries’ website, Databases by Title list, and Product Description Pages (PDP).
* Collaborating with the Libraries Licensing Specialist to manage and maintain licenses in print and electronic format for subscribed or purchased electronic resources.
* Developing, maintaining, and applying a thorough knowledge of best practices, efficient workflows, and tools for licensing and e-resource management.
The activities of the Discovery Services unit are fully automated and require extensive and ongoing use of sophisticated technology. There will be many opportunities to collaborate and consult with fellow Discovery Services team members to help make operations more effective and responsive to the needs of library users.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The library serves an increasingly diverse constituency of patrons, and our employees, services, collections, and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
To be considered for this position, applicants must apply via the UB Jobs<https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/34634> site. At the time of hire, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for a period of at least two years. In your cover letter, please highlight the most relevant qualifications you would bring to this position based on the posting, and tell us how your background, perspective, and experience will help us fulfill our mission and meet our goals. All candidates who are contacted by the search committee should be prepared to discuss how they see themselves contributing to the University’s equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts.
The deadline for applications is May 27, 2022. We anticipate filling this position by August 2022. References will be contacted with advance notice.
The University at Buffalo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, disabled individuals, and other protected groups in order to build a culturally diverse and pluralistic University community.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l