[Eril-l] Job posting: Instructional Services Librarian, Univ of Prince Edward Island (Canada), Closes June 6

M Belvadi mbelvadi at gmail.com
Fri May 6 11:05:22 PDT 2022

Robertson Library at UPEI is offering a permanency-track (same as tenure
track) position for an experienced librarian to provide information
literacy instruction and other responsibilities.

While we legally have to prioritize Canadian citizens and permanent
immigrants, we have in the past found it possible to hire exceptional US
candidates, and 3 of our 8 current librarians are Americans (including me).

The job posting is here:
https://www.upei.ca/hr/competition/17a22

We have a strong faculty union
<https://www.upeifa.ca/current-collective-agreement/> and hence very
competitive salaries and benefits.
Our lowest starting salary for this position would be somewhere around
$70,000 CDN dollars (about $55K USD).

If you have any questions about living and working in PEI, please feel free
to contact me privately.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island