[Eril-l] Job Opportunity: Library ILS/Discovery System Administrator, Tulane University
Montgomery, Kathrine E
kmontgom at tulane.edu
Wed May 4 09:04:48 PDT 2022
Library ILS/Discovery System Administrator (Librarian)
Tulane University Libraries, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
Tulane University Libraries at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA invites applications for the position of Library ILS/Discovery System Administrator (Librarian)
Position Summary: The Library ILS/Discovery System Administrator is responsible for the platforms used for information management and discovery. Reporting to the Director of Library IT, the System Administrator manages system configurations, reviews software updates, integrates other software platforms with Alma/Primo, and develops scripts or programs that automate tasks and enhance access and discovery. Provides instruction for creating custom reports and consultation for improving workflows. Working both independently and collaboratively with staff across the Libraries, they develop, implement, and assess tools and services by focusing on usability, accessibility, sustainability, and performance. The System Administrator position is the Libraries' primary contact for Ex Libris and requires both Alma and Primo Certification within 6 months of employment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree with 3 years' experience in library systems administration.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
1. Demonstrated ability to manage an integrated Libraries system, a content management system, or other discovery platform.
2. Ability to develop and/or support systems and strategies for automated Libraries workflows.
3. Knowledge of current metadata and cataloging standards and processes (e.g., RDA)
4. Familiarity with Libraries technology standards (FRBR, Z39.50, OAI/PHM)
5. Familiarity with regular expressions
6. Certification in Alma and Primo within 6 months of hire
7. Familiarity with XML and XSLT
8. Familiarity with Drools or another programming language such as Java
9. Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
10. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty, students, technology professionals, and Libraries colleagues
11. Ability to function fully and competently at technology competency Levels I, II and III outlined in HTML Core Technology Competencies for Employees. (See https://Libraries.tulane.edu/sites/default/files/core_technology_competencies.pdf<https://library.tulane.edu/sites/default/files/core_technology_competencies.pdf>
1. Experience with Ex Libris Alma/Primo
1. Acquired Alma/Primo Certification
2. ALA-accredited MLS degree
3. Familiarity with user-centered design to support usability testing
* Serves as the administrator and main technical lead for the Libraries' Ex Libris Alma/Primo VE Integrated Libraries System (ILS).
* Set and update system configurations to increase efficiency.
* Review and test system upgrades in sandbox.
* Coordinate, and manage incoming data feeds including but not limited to patron data.
* Troubleshoot problems with Alma/Primo and acts as a liaison between the vendor and Libraries staff members to report problems and ensure their resolution.
* Write custom scripts and normalization rules to expedite internal processes and enhance the user experience.
* Provide instruction for creating custom reports and consultation for improving workflows.
* Acts as the Libraries' representative to various local and national user groups such as ELUNA.
* Contribute service to Libraries committees and task forces as well as to the profession.
* Develop expertise in emerging technologies and changing modes of search and discovery.
* Lead the development of strategies to improve the discovery of Libraries collections by designing, developing, and implementing solutions that integrate existing tools with new technologies and approaches.
* Gather and report statistics and data from system to inform decision-making related to Libraries services.
* Support and participate in usability testing of search, discovery and user interface.
* Participate in the development of policies and procedures as needed to ensure the efficient operation and management of Alma/Primo.
* Consult across the Libraries with regard to system capabilities and functionality, forwarding requests for system modifications and/or enhancements to the vendor as appropriate.
For information about the Libraries visit https://library.tulane.edu/about/facts-about-libraries
For more information about Tulane University visit https://library.tulane.edu/about-tulane-university
Anticipated Salary Range: $70,000-$75,000. Benefits include relocation assistance, tuition assistance, support for professional development and travel, and competitive health insurance and retirement contributions. For more details visit https://hr.tulane.edu/benefits/benefits.
Flexible Work Arrangements https://hr.tulane.edu/FWA
To Apply. To apply for this position please go to Tulane University Academic Jobs<https://academicjobs.tulane.edu/>. To ensure full consideration, applicants must submit a letter of application, resume, and the names with full contact information and relationship of at least three professional references, preferably current or past supervisors. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is selected.
Tulane University Libraries Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Tulane University Libraries (TUL) is committed to integrating diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) into all aspects of our work and environment. We acknowledge that reaching these DEIA goals will strengthen our institution and allow for new directions in growth. We also acknowledge that we currently have barriers to embedding DEIA in our organization. Work is being done across TUL to investigate and address these barriers, create actionable objectives, and implement programming and structural change. You can learn more about some of those efforts on the TUL Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee<https://library.tulane.edu/about/html/diversity-equity-inclusion-committee> page and the Tulane Strategy for Tomorrow<https://tulane.edu/racial-equity/strategy-for-tomorrow> website. Tulane University Libraries is committed to building a diverse workplace that welcomes and values all people, and we encourage you to apply if you have transferable skills and experience.
Tulane University is an AA/EO Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Head of Acquisitions and ERM
Howard-Tilton Memorial Library
kmontgom at tulane.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l