[Eril-l] Reminder: Call for Survey Participation: ILL and eBooks

Elizabeth Siler esiler3 at uncc.edu
Tue May 3 15:41:15 PDT 2022

This is a reminder for the survey we sent out previously.

This study will address how current eBook trends and practices in libraries
will impact the larger ecosystem of collections and resource sharing. These
services have become essential to serving the research needs of faculty and
students in higher education. The findings could help identify some
limitations to these practices and predict negative consequences for
academic libraries and researchers. This research project will hopefully
help academic libraries gain insight into the future of library book
collections and resource sharing and offer suggestions to improve that
trajectory.

You are invited to complete an online survey that will take approximately
15 - 30 minutes to complete. Because these questions will require
information from collections and ILL staff at your institution, please
coordinate with each other to ensure that we only have one response per
institution. Also, we will be asking questions related to collections
budget and eBook expenditures so you might want to have that available when
you begin the survey. Please select NA for any questions that do not apply.
This Google folder contains a PDF with the survey questions
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xd1d7u4cShgw1DNnaTZIIH8Bp3eBApby?usp=sharing>
to help you coordinate your responses. You may then access the survey at
https://forms.gle/22GsXiLVbsh73vjo8. Please have only ONE submission of the
survey from your institution. The survey will be closed May 20, 2022

We thank you for your participation!.

Primary investigators:

Amanda Binder

Social Sciences and History Librarian, abinder3 at uncc.edu

Elizabeth Siler

Associate Dean of Collection Services, esiler3 at uncc.edu

Christine Beardsley

Interlibrary Loan Service Coordinator, cbeards1 at uncc.edu

----------------------
Elizabeth Siler, MLIS | Associate Dean for Collection Services
UNC Charlotte | Atkins Library
9201 University City Blvd.| Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-1372 | Fax: 704-678-0890
esiler3 at uncc.edu | http://www.uncc.edu
(Pronouns: she, her, hers)

*UNC Charlotte is located on the traditional homelands of 5 different
native ethnic groups, mostly the Catawba, and smaller groups Cheraw,
Sugaree, Wateree, and Waxhaw peoples. The city of Charlotte has a Native
community that has thrived here for over fifty years, including members of
all of North Carolina’s eight state and federally recognized tribes. *
*What are land acknowledgements and why do they matter?
<https://nativegov.org/a-guide-to-indigenous-land-acknowledgment/>*