[Eril-l] LRRT Virtual Mentorship Program

Harker, Karen Karen.Harker at unt.edu
Thu Jun 23 13:46:41 PDT 2022

The central purposes of the Library Research Round Table (LRRT) Virtual Mentorship Program are to promote and support the development of rigorous, substantive research in library and information and library science, and to help individual scholars succeed professionally. Through professional relationships with experienced mentors, each mentee will develop skills such as creating research designs, conducting surveys, collecting and analyzing data, writing papers and disseminating the results to both the research and professional library communities.

We are seeking both mentors and mentees to participate in the launch of this new program. If you are seeking an opportunity to not only share your experiences but learn from budding researchers, we hope you will consider mentoring. If you are interested in expanding and applying your knowledge and skills related to conducting any kind of research project, we hope you will consider participating as a mentee.

Given the many changes in work and career since COVID, we are seeking feedback from potential participants on the final look and feel of the program. Join us at the 2022 ALA Annual in Chicago on Sunday, June 26, 4pm to learn more, as well as to provide your own input as we finalize the details.

Karen R. Harker, MLS, MPH
Chair, LRRT Mentorship Program Sub-committee
Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Collection Assessment Librarian
UNT Libraries