[Eril-l] Connect with NISO at ALA!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Wed Jun 15 10:48:53 PDT 2022

**Apologies for cross posting**

As you probably know, the American Library Association’s annual meeting is
back in person—and NISO will be there! You can find our Executive Director,
Todd Carpenter, and Associate Executive DIrector, Nettie Lagace at Table #
1065, and we will also be hosting several sessions, all free and open to
all registrants. So, if you’re attending, we warmly invite you to join us
at the Washington Convention Center:

Friday, June 24, 2022, 12:00pm Noon – 4:00pm, WCC-143A

15th BISG-NISO Forum on the Changing Standards Landscape: The Book: Usage,
Economics, and the Future (Function, Format and the Future)
<https://cdmcd.co/Wk8vMv>

This year’s Forum will address how the book business has changed in recent
years and the resulting questions that are emerging for the information
community as a result. Speakers: Gwen Evans, Elsevier; Matt Kirschenbaum,
University of Maryland; Michael Levine-Clark, University of Denver; Tim
Lloyd, Liblynx; Rina Pantalony, Columbia University Libraries; Dean J. Smith,
Duke University Press; and Maurice York, Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA)

Saturday, June 25, 2022, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, WCC-144A

NISO Standards Update <https://cdmcd.co/zYpxwY>

Join Todd Carpenter, Nettie Lagace, and NISO Working Group members for all
the latest news about NISO and our current projects, including standards,
recommended practices, and community meetings.

Monday, June 27, 2022, 9:00am – 10:00am, WCC-144A

Seamless Access Update <https://cdmcd.co/DwZYXd>

Learn about the Seamless Access project and the work being done to make
federated access to resources easier and more privacy-protecting for users,
as well as the new ALA Core Federated Authentication Committee.

Monday, June 27, 2022, 1:00pm -2:00pm, WCC-144A

NISO's Interoperability System of Controlled Digital Lending (IS-CDL)
<https://cdmcd.co/QM3qAp>

We are working with the community to develop a consensus framework in
support of controlled digital lending of book content by libraries, to be
published as a NISO Recommended Practice. This presentation will provide an
overview and update of the group’s work so far and support reaction and
discussion.

Speakers: Allen Jones, The New School, and Jennie Rose Halperin, Library
Futures

More information is available on the NISO website
<https://www.niso.org/events/niso-ala-annual-2022>. Please come by Table #
1065 or email nisohq at niso.org to request an appointment with Todd or Nettie.

We hope to see you at ALA!

Best wishes