[Eril-l] Nonprofit Publisher Annual Reviews acquires The Charleston Advisor

Tricia Miller TMiller at annualreviews.org
Wed Jun 1 08:50:54 PDT 2022

Nonprofit Publisher Annual Reviews acquires The Charleston Advisor
The publication provides actionable information on electronic scholarly resources and services

(San Mateo, CA, USA, June 1, 2022) —Nonprofit publisher Annual Reviews has acquired The Charleston Advisor<http://www.charlestonco.com/>, a widely used and respected collection development tool. The purchase closed today.

“We are pleased to welcome The Charleston Advisor to Annual Reviews,” said Richard Gallagher, Publisher, and Editor-In-Chief. “It is a good fit with our mission to synthesize and integrate knowledge and expands our horizons by providing high quality reviews of products and services for library teams at academic and research institutions, a new group of readers for us.”

Founded in July 1999, The Charleston Advisor publishes detailed product reviews of proprietary and freely available web-based resources for the library market. Reviewed product types include databases, pricing tools, scholarly journals, collections. Over 800 searchable expert reviews, peer-reviewed by the library community, are currently available to help optimize library services.

“During our search for the ideal buyer of this unique publication, we prioritized finding an organization that values librarians as partners and one that appreciates the value of reviews,” said Rebecca Lenzini, Publisher, and Editor-In-Chief of The Charleston Advisor. “We found our match in Annual Reviews and are looking forward to working with them on a smooth change in ownership.”

The publication was inspired by Katina Strauch, Founder of The Charleston Conference and Against the Grain, who served as Head of Technical Services at the College of Charleston at that time.  “As a collection development librarian charged with recommending resources to purchase for teaching faculty and students, I saw the need for a resource that peer reviewed and evaluated available products according to library professional standards as well as product information from producers.”

About: Annual Reviews is an independent nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. Visit https://www.annualreviews.org and follow @AnnualReviews<https://twitter.com/AnnualReviews>.

For further information or questions please email: lallen at annualreviews.org<mailto:lallen at annualreviews.org>.