[Eril-l] Strategies for Ebook DDA selection?

Allyson Ota allyson at hawaii.edu
Mon Jan 3 12:53:24 PST 2022

Aloha,

Our library is somewhat new to participating in EBSCO's DDA program (or any
DDA ebook program). May I ask if any of you have collection development
strategies or processes for how your libraries select DDA titles that you
would be willing to share with our library?

One issue we've encountered is that the titles sometimes appear in our
subscription packages after we've added the titles to our DDA, but I don't
know if that can be helped. And, perhaps that is fine, since in theory we
are only supposed to be adding titles we want our library to own, and
subscription titles are not forever titles.

Any recommendations, policies, or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Allyson

[image: Get Vaccinated U H logo]

Allyson Ota (she/they)
Electronic Resources Librarian

Kapiʻolani Community College Library

4303 Diamond Head Rd., Honolulu, HI 96816
(808) 734-9254 | allyson at hawaii.edu
library.kapiolani.hawaii.edu