[Eril-l] 2nd call for proposals: SUNYLA 2022 Annual Conference

Alana Nuth nuth at geneseo.edu
Tue Feb 15 10:22:44 PST 2022

SUNYLA 2022
Soaring into the Future of Libraries

Conference hosted by Farmingdale State College
June 8–10, 2022

Call for Proposals <https://forms.gle/WwRR3Bku8zDNbYQW6>

Deadline for workshop and presentation proposals: February 22, 2022

The Planning Committee for the SUNYLA <https://sunyla.org/> Annual
Conference is accepting proposals for pre-conference workshops, lightning
talks, panels, and presentations in the following tracks:

   -

   Archives and Special Collections
   -

   Cataloging, Technical Services, and Collection Development
   -

   Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
   -

   Leadership and Management
   -

   Open Educational Resources and Textbook Affordability
   -

   Outreach and Marketing
   -

   Professional Development
   -

   Public Services and Interlibrary Loan
   -

   Reference and Instruction
   -

   Scholarly Communication
   -

   Systems and Technology

The proposal form will allow you to assign more than one track to your
presentation. If you are not sure which track your presentation fits into,
there is an option to suggest a track.

We are planning an in-person conference, though we recognize that
circumstances might change due to the ongoing pandemic. In addition to the
in-person program, a limited number of prerecorded presentations will be
included on the conference website so that presenters who are unable to
travel to Farmingdale have an opportunity to participate, albeit
asynchronously. Those presenters will be responsible for ensuring they have
adequate technology to support presenting digitally (e.g., device, camera,
microphone, video editing software).

If proposing multiple sessions, submit a separate form for each one. A
separate call for poster session proposals will be sent in March.

Please submit your proposals here: Call for Proposals
<https://forms.gle/WwRR3Bku8zDNbYQW6>

Presentation options:

Pre-conference workshop
Date: June 8, 2022
Length: 90 minutes
Workshops are active training sessions where participants have the
opportunity for hands-on practice or time for critical thinking and
application.

Presentation or panel
Dates: June 9–10, 2022
Length: 45 minutes

Prerecorded presentation
Available on the conference website
Length: 20 minutes or less

Lightning talk
Dates: June 9–10, 2022
Length: 10 minutes
If you don’t think your topic needs a full 45 minutes, then consider
sharing with a short lightning talk.

Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to seeing you at SUNYLA
2022! Questions? Please contact Programming Subcommittee Chair Renae Rapp (
rrapp at sunymaritime.edu).

--
Alana M. Nuth
Head of Collection Management