[Eril-l] 1, 2, 3, 4 Great Keynotes at NISO Plus 2023

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Thu Dec 1 07:30:43 PST 2022

**Apologies for cross posting**

We’re delighted to share the final roster of keynote speakers at next
year’s NISO Plus conference, where we’’ll be hearing from four important
and diverse voices in the information community: Dr. David Weinberger
<https://niso.plus/niso-plus-2023-opening-keynote-is-david-weinberger/>
(Berkman Klein Center at Harvard University, USA), Dr. Caleb Kibet
<https://niso.plus/dr-caleb-kibet-confirmed-as-second-keynote-speaker-at-niso-plus-2023/>
(Pwani University, Kenya), Dr. Yuko Harayama
<https://niso.plus/dr-yuko-harayama-is-confirmed-as-our-niso-plus-2023-closing-keynote-speaker/>
(Professor Emeritus at Tohoku University, Japan), and this year’s Miles
Conrad Awardee, Dr. Safiya Noble
<https://niso.plus/dr-safiya-umoja-noble-is-our-2023-miles-conrad-awardee/>,
(UCLA Center for Critical Internet Inquiry, USA). Early bird registration
is open now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>
through January 9, 2023!

   -

   Opening Keynote: Dr. David Weinberger. American author, technologist,
   and speaker on the effect of the Internet and AI on knowledge, on how we
   organize our ideas, on the disruptive architecture of the Web, and on the
   core concepts by which we think about our world (February 14, 10.30am ET)
   -

   Miles Conrad Lecture: Dr. Safiya Umoja Noble. MacArthur Foundation
   Fellow (aka “Genius Award” recipient), bestselling authors, and internet
   studies scholar, whose work focuses on the ways that digital media
   intersects with issues of race, gender, culture, power, and technology
   (February 15, 12.30pm ET)
   -

   Europe, Middle East & Africa Closing Keynote: Dr. Caleb Kibet.
Bioinformatics
   researcher, lecturer, open science advocate, mentor, 2019-20 Mozilla open
   science fellow, and builder of bioinformatics capacity in Africa (February
   16, 9.30am ET
   -

   Asia Pacific Closing Keynote: Dr. Yuko Harayama. Co-chair of the Board
   of Directors of the Japanese Association for the Advancement of Science
   (JAAS), recipient of the Chevalier de la Légion d’honneur, International
   Fellow of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, and Foundation
   Fellow of the International Science Council (February 16, 9.00pm ET)

If you want to hear what they have to say, then make sure you register now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>.
Thanks to the support of our generous sponsors <https://niso.plus/sponsors/>,
tickets start at just $30 for early career professionals, students,
unemployed, retirees, and those in lower income countries. Even better, if
your organization is sending five or more people to the conference, early
bird registration is just $99 each for NISO members or $149 each for
non-members!

Best,

The NISO Team

NISO