[Eril-l] Job posting - E-Resources & Acquisitions Librarian (Assistant Professor) at UW-La Crosse
pcipkowski at uwlax.edu
Tue Aug 30 12:12:37 PDT 2022
Electronic Resources & Acquisitions Librarian (Assistant Professor)
Murphy Library at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse seeks an innovative and collaborative librarian to lead the library’s electronic resources and acquisitions operations. As the Electronic Resources & Acquisitions Librarian, you will lead the management of acquisitions processes for all formats, work to ensure that electronic resources are as widely accessible as possible, and coordinate the Library's response to access issues that involve electronic resources. As a member of the Library Department, you will participate in reference services and information literacy instruction. This is a 9-month, tenure-track faculty position with the expectations for librarianship, scholarship, and service.
* Manage acquisitions workflows and implement processes related to the ordering, receiving, and deacquisition of all materials, in both physical and electronic formats, in consultation with the Collection Development Librarian and Cataloging & Discovery Librarian.
* Implement collections budgets, provide input for budget creation, conduct monthly and annual reconciliations, produce financial reports, expenditure projections, and other related reports as requested.
* Develop and streamline procedures and workflows for all electronic resources and serials, including online journals, electronic books, databases, and streaming video.
* Collaborate with the Collection Development Librarian and appropriate campus and/or UW System representatives to negotiate vendor licenses, assess and review service and pricing, and renegotiate discount/pricing structures.
* Track usage and gather metadata for decision-making purposes utilizing COUNTER protocols and other standards. Generate system records and related reports as requested, including annual reviews of electronic resources.
* Manage on-campus and off-campus access to electronic resources, including the proxy server. Coordinate the resolution of access-related problems as reported, working with library staff, ITS, vendors, and others as necessary.
* Coordinate the integration of electronic resources and holdings data in a variety of systems such as Alma’s Unified Resource Management (URM) system knowledge base, the Central Discovery Index (CDI), the databases AtoZ List, Google Scholar, and others.
* Arrange and facilitate database trials as identified by collection development processes.
* Keep library staff informed of changes and proposed changes in electronic resources and serials. Collaborate with the department on major decisions that affect user interfaces and functionality.
* Serve as faculty lead for the electronic resources unit, which includes providing guidance and training for staff as needed.
* Develop and maintain knowledge of current practices and trends in electronic resources management.
* Participate in reference services, including occasional evening and weekend desk shifts.
* Participate in information literacy instruction activities.
* Participate in collection development areas of interest or expertise.
* Serve on Murphy Library, university, UW System, and professional committees as elected or appointed.
* Engage in an active program of scholarship, professional and community service as outlined in the University’s Faculty Handbook and the Library’s Departmental Guidelines.
International Applicants and Applicants with International Degrees
* When a position requires an ALA accredited degree, degrees from international institutions will be accepted under the following conditions:
* a. The degree has been recognized by the ALA as equivalent, or;
* b. The degree has been evaluated at the candidate’s expense by a U.S. credentialing
* service recommended by the ALA.
* International applicants or applicants with international degrees will be given a specific amount of time as determined by the Search & Screen committee.
Salary and Rank: Competitive salary for a full-time, 9-month tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Partial summer contracts may also be available.
Earliest Starting Date: January 2023
First consideration will be given to applications received by September 30, 2022.
Note: Electronic submission of application materials is required. For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit https://employment.uwlax.edu
Assistant Professor, Collection Development Librarian
pcipkowski at uwlax.edu<mailto:pcipkowski at uwlax.edu> | 608.785.8567 | 106 Murphy Library
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 10481 bytes
More information about the Eril-l