[Eril-l] New issue of TCB: Technical Services in Religion & Theology

Christa Strickler cstrick5 at nd.edu
Wed Aug 24 05:27:06 PDT 2022

Check out the newest issue
<https://serials.atla.com/tcb/issue/view/264> of TCB:
Technical Services in Religion & Theology! In our Perspectives and
Practices section, Clare Keating provides an introductory toolkit for
OpenAthens authentication, describing tools and including links useful for
successful OpenAthens administration. Our Reviews section features Dom
Bortruex’s review of OpenRefine as a tool for metadata analysis and
cleaning. A bibliography of newly published articles covers various aspects
of OpenAthens and OpenRefine. Also in this issue are the updated Library of
Congress subject heading and classification changes, as well as a list of
professional development opportunities covering various areas of technical
services.

Don’t forget your chance to shape TCB by submitting! Highlight your skills
and interests in our Perspectives and Practices section by describing a
project you found challenging, providing a first-hand account of a
conference or training session, outlining a process followed in your work,
or reporting on a trend in the field of technical services. Our readers
would love to hear about your experiences, which can provide insight and
inspiration for others doing similar work in the field. Ideas may encompass
a range of activities related to technical services, such as acquisitions,
cataloging and metadata, serials and electronic resources (including open
access resources), collection management, digital archives, or leadership
and management. Submissions should be 1,000-2,500 words and can include
images with appropriate copyright permission and attribution.

If writing a shorter piece works better for your busy schedule, you can
also contribute to our new Reviews section by submitting a brief review of
200-500 words on open source and proprietary software, library management
systems, or other tools and resources implemented and utilized to support
acquiring, maintaining, and providing access to information resources.

Submit a Review or a Perspectives and Practices piece directly on our
Submissions
<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fserials.atla.com%2Ftcb%2Fabout%2Fsubmissions&data=05%7C01%7Cchrista.strickler%40wheaton.edu%7Cce9776389d4c4798312b08da26fd7206%7Cb7098c8ac6b24e8bba4c872cf5f00a20%7C0%7C0%7C637865167244019837%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=x9V0yHouJXSFfQA0ByZu2n7U4aDgyP%2FG9HJqiJ6P11U%3D&reserved=0>
page. If you have any questions, contact us at tcb at myatla.org.

--

*Christa Strickler*

*Collection Metadata Integrity and Management Librarian *
*Hesburgh Libraries*

*University of Notre Dame*
429 Hesburgh Library
Notre Dame, IN 46556