[Eril-l] Head of Resource Acquisitions & Management - Boston College Libraries

Natyra Pancsofar pancsofa at bc.edu
Thu Aug 11 05:57:49 PDT 2022

Boston College Libraries is seeking a Head of Resource Acquisitions &
Management to join our enthusiastic, collaborative, and supportive
leadership team. We’re looking for someone who can lead a talented and
diverse staff,  manage the Library’s materials budget and collection
acquisitions workflows, and implement forward-looking resource management
practices at a major research library.

As our Head of Resource Acquisitions & Management you will:

   -

   Oversee a staff of 10 library workers: 3 direct reports, 7 indirect
   -

   Report to the Associate University Librarian for Technology and
   Technical Services
   -

   Be a member of the Library’s leadership team; engage in collaborative
   visioning and strategic planning
   -

   Work collaboratively with colleagues across the library and university,
   including other library Heads (Collections, Access, Metadata, and special
   libraries), subject librarians, and the University’s budget and finance
   offices
   -

   Engage with colleagues across Boston College, the Boston Library
   Consortium, and the wider academic library community
   -

   Stay informed of and communicate trends and best practices in collection
   management, fiscal management, acquisitions, and open access

Boston College Libraries operate in accordance with our Equity, Diversity,
and Inclusion values statement (library.bc.edu/edi), which is central to
our mission. We acknowledge historical, structural, and systemic injustices
and are actively working to build a culture that recognizes, values, and
empowers all people and provides space for discourse and growth. We expect
applicants for this position to demonstrate a commitment to sustaining a
respectful, accountable, and intentionally inclusive culture.

This is an in-person position on the Main Boston College Campus in Chestnut
Hill, MA.

Hiring range: $84,100 to $105,100; salary commensurate with relevant
experience

Requirements

   -

   Master’s degree in Library Science, Information Science, or equivalent
   required

Additional Qualifications:

   -

   Experience managing people; ability to train, mentor, support, recruit
   and retain talented and diverse staff
   -

   Strong knowledge of both electronic and print library acquisitions
   workflows
   -

   Knowledge of emerging open-access models (e.g. transformative
   agreements) is a plus
   -

   Experience negotiating and building relationships with vendors
   -

   Knowledge of budgeting practices, preferably in a library setting
   -

   Ability to work collaboratively across units
   -

   Excellent communication skills

Interested? Please apply on the Boston College employment site:
https://bc.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/6597?c=bc
Would like more information? Feel free to contact Emily Singley at
emily.singley at bc.edu.

--
Natyra Pancsofar
(she/her)