[Eril-l] Job Announcement: Metadata and Extraction, Transformation, and Loading Specialist (Deadline extended)
Sherry.Lochhaas at ucop.edu
Mon Aug 1 14:50:20 PDT 2022
The California Digital Library's Shared Cataloging Program has a recruitment open based at UC San Diego. Please see below for the job description and a link to the job posting.
METADATA and EXTRACTION, TRANSFORMATION, and LOADING (ETL) SPECIALIST - 117080
Filing Deadline: Thu 8/18/2022
Working under the direction of the Head of Shared Cataloging Program, this position uses advanced professional library concepts and objectives to resolve highly complex issues. Duties and assignments are defined by overall objectives and involve a high level of complexity in functional / subject area specialization or coordination. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is performed independently under general consultative leadership.
The Metadata and ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) Specialist has primary responsibility for electronic collection cataloging management. Determines and employs effective strategies to analyze, extract, manipulate, transform and/or load large scale data for bibliographic and/or inventory record creation and maintenance of CDL managed electronic resources. Develops and applies batch processing techniques and uses a variety of programs and tools that further automate cataloging and MARC data ETL processes. Serves as a resource and/or assists team members with ETL related tasks. Performs original, enhancing, and complex copy cataloging of electronic resources in all formats and all subject areas.
Additionally, to foster the best possible working and learning environment, all library staff at UC San Diego strive to cultivate a rich and diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and those with disabilities. For more information, please review the UC San Diego Principles of Community [https://ucsd.edu/about/principles.html]. We also encourage the opportunity to build a network of peers that share your similar passions and interests through the UCSD Staff Associations [https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/services/associations/] network.
* Advanced knowledge of library data transformation techniques and software tools. Assists with implementation of new technology as needed.
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills to address highly complex or specialized solutions.
* Detailed knowledge of e-book and e-serial packaging, access, terminology, technology, and metadata sufficient to determine cataloging processes and create or edit records either in batch or manually.
* Working knowledge of the rules and tools relevant to cataloging library resources and the ability to apply them sufficient to perform original, enhanced, and complex cataloging and resolve cataloging discrepancies and problems.
* Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to set and maintain priorities, meet deadlines, perform tasks with accuracy and attention to details, and meet quality and quantity standards.
* Self direction and flexibility in work routines to accommodate fluctuating workflows and variability of online systems.
* Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to convey critical timelines and technical issues, and solutions.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. Click here for Details<https://employment.ucsd.edu/benefits>
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
DIRECT LINK TO THE JOB POSTING<https://employment.ucsd.edu/metadata-and-extraction-transformation-and-loading-117080/job/19651337>
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community<https://ucsd.edu/about/principles.html>.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu<http://smokefree.ucsd.edu/> for more information.
Electronic Resource Services Manager
California Digital Library
UC Office of the President
sherry.lochhaas at ucop.edu<mailto:sherry.lochhaas at ucop.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l