[Eril-l] Press release: Astronomy & Astrophysics confirms open access in 2022 through Subscribe-to-Open

Maria Campbell maria.campbell at edpsciences.org
Mon Apr 4 06:24:04 PDT 2022

*With apologies for cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

Please see some news about Astronomy & Astrophysics and Subscribe-to-Open / open access we would like to share with you.

The full press release is available here - https://bit.ly/3uSulFb - and an excerpt is included below.

For any questions or comments, please contact Charlotte Van Rooyen, Director of Marketing and Communications, EDP Sciences: charlotte.vanrooyen at edpsciences.org<mailto:charlotte.vanrooyen at edpsciences.org>

Thank you for your attention.

Maria Campbell
Marketing and Communications Manager

*****

Astronomy & Astrophysics confirms open access in 2022 through Subscribe-to-Open

Paris, France, 4 April 2022: Following the announcement<https://www.edpsciences.org/en/news-highlights/2440-open-access-transformation-for-astronomy-astrophysics> made in October 2021 that Astronomy & Astrophysics (A&A) would move to the Subscribe-to-Open (S2O) open access model in 2022, the A&A board of directors and EDP Sciences are pleased to announce that A&A has now received the required level of support and will be published open access in 2022 under the terms of this transformative model.

“For more than 50 years, A&A has been publishing pioneering, peer reviewed scientific content,” said Professor André Moitinho de Almeida, Chairperson of the A&A Board of Directors. “Above all, we are a community journal, and as we move into the age of open science, we are committed to a sustainable transition to open access through the innovative approach offered by S2O.”

“We are delighted by the support the community has shown enabling A&A to convert to full open access this year,” added Dr. Thierry Forveille, Editor-in-Chief of A&A. “We therefore celebrate the opening of our content through Subscribe-to-Open which will maximise effective and open communications for the astronomical and astrophysical communities.”

From 4th of April 2022, newly accepted A&A articles will publish under a CC-BY 4.0<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/> license allowing authors to retain the copyright and others to share and adapt the content. A Creative Commons license also enables authors to be fully compliant with the open access requirements of their institution or funding organisation(s). With the release of other articles under embargo, all content will be freely available for everyone to access and read.

“We thank all our library partners and institutions whose support has made this transition possible,” said Dr. Agnès Henri, Managing Director, EDP Sciences. “However, the journey doesn’t end here; as the community comes to understand and favour S2O, we hope that annual renewals will become easier thereby ensuring A&A and other S2O journals continue to publish open access in the years to come.”