[Eril-l] NISO Plus 2022 Call for Proposals Now Open!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Wed Oct 13 10:26:31 PDT 2021

With early bird registration for NISO Plus 2022
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-2022-tickets-167664034641?aff=nisoplus>
under way, and our wonderful Planning Committee
<https://niso.plus/niso-plus-2022-conference-planning-committee/> fully up
and running, we now want to hear your ideas
<https://niso.plus/niso-plus-2022-call-for-proposals-now-open/> about what
we should be discussing at next year’s conference. We’re looking for
session proposals on topics of interest to information professionals around
the world — librarians, publishers, vendors, and others — from archiving
and digital preservation to information quality and ethics, and much more!

Our goal with NISO Plus is twofold: to spark conversations between groups
within the information community that do not often have an opportunity to
talk to each other; and to identify areas where there are opportunities to
solve problems together and improve the information ecosystem for everyone
involved.

As in previous years, we want to ensure that NISO Plus 2022 is as diverse,
equitable, inclusive, and accessible as possible. So, in line with our ongoing
efforts to improve and support diversity, equity, inclusion, and
accessibility  (DEIA) in the information community
<https://www.niso.org/what-we-do/DEIcommittee>, we will be prioritizing
proposals that reflect a variety of perspectives — geographical,
organizational, functional, etc — and that acknowledge and address DEIA
challenges and opportunities. Additionally, while the conference is
primarily an English-language event, if your proposal is accepted, we will
be happy to work with you to deliver your talk in another language, which
we will translate and transcribe into English.

All talks will be pre-recorded during December and January. There will be
live viewings of all accepted presentations during the conference itself,
with Q&A/chat during the screening and further discussion/conversation in a
variety of formats for 30-45 minutes immediately afterwards.

We warmly invite you to submit your ideas to us via this Google form
<https://forms.gle/RHCFzfX5sEVy3sS36> (or you can contact us directly
<nisohq at niso.org> if you’re unable to access Google) by close of business
on November 5.

We look forward to hearing from you — and please also help us spread the
word to others in your organization and your wider community.

With best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302