[Eril-l] Job Posting: Systems and Web Services Librarian
Gonzales, Brighid M
bmgonzales at ollusa.edu
Mon Mar 29 21:14:11 PST 2021
The Sueltenfuss Library at Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio, TX seeks a full time Systems and Web Services Librarian (Assistant Professor) to serve a diverse, multicultural student body in a student-centered setting. Non-tenure track faculty status; rank dependent on qualifications; twelve-month appointment; reports to the Assistant Director of Systems and Metadata.
* Create & maintain library website; ensure adherence to accessibility standards; assess usability; incorporate new technologies as appropriate.
* Administer online databases and associated middleware (EZ Proxy, , OCLC Knowledge Base, Tipasa, etc.).
* Troubleshoot and resolve complex connectivity issues: authentication, database and e-journal changes, subscription platform changes, network and IP issues, etc.
* Recommend new technology applications; lead and manage implementation; serve as co-administrator of WorldShare Management Services system.
* Perform assessment of library technologies and web services.
* Teach library instruction sessions, create user guides, videos and tutorials.
* Maintain working knowledge of library and web technology, best practices, and proficiency in maintaining library systems (Springshare, WMS, Tipasa, EZproxy etc).
* Serves on university and library committees as appropriate.
* Pursues personal professional development; contributes to the profession through scholarship and service to library organizations.
* Provide research assistance in all disciplines at the reference desk; may include evening and weekend hours.
* Participate as a collection development selector for assigned subject areas.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* ALA accredited master's degree.
* Experience with administering an integrated library system, preferably WorldShare Management Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of integrated library systems, EZproxy, authentication protocols, interlibrary loan, and content management systems.
* Familiarity with website accessibility standards and guidelines.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to foster effective working relationships with faculty, students and library colleagues.
* Flexibility and ability to exercise sound judgment.
* Self-directed and self-motivated learner with ability to work independently as well as in groups.
* Ability and commitment to serve a diverse, multicultural student body in a student-centered setting.
* Model behaviors consistent with University's Core Values: Trust, Integrity, Community & Service.
* Must be able to respect, support, and contribute to the University's and Library's mission.
* Knowledge of metadata scheme such as MARC, Dublin Core, METS, MODS or EAD.
* Experience with a digital archive system.
* Experience with the Springshare platform.
* Experience in reference and instruction.
* Experience with at least one programming or scripting language, preferably PHP/MySQL and/or XML.
* Experience working with outside parties such as vendors and university IT.
Please complete the online Application for Academic Employment (https://ollusa.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=129489) and attach the following: letter of Interest denoting position for which applying, Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae, Copies of all transcripts reflecting receipt of terminal degree in discipline for which applying, and a listing of three professional references. For consideration for Academic Employment, all materials above must be submitted together and at one time. Incomplete packets for academic employment will not be considered.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l