[Eril-l] Call for Participation: survey on informal leadership experiences of mid-career academic librarians

Susanne Markgren smarkgren01 at manhattan.edu
Mon Mar 29 18:47:44 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Are you an academic librarian who has taken on “informal leadership”
responsibilities at mid-career (when you had approximately 7-15 years of
library experience)?

If so, we’d like to learn from you! We are looking for academic librarians
who have experience with informal leadership to participate in a brief
online survey.

By “informal leadership,” we are considering two different scenarios: 1)
taking on informal leadership roles to solve a problem, tackle a project,
or fill a leadership vacuum or 2) taking on leadership responsibilities
within a community of practice.

With this data we will compile brief narratives about the experiences of
librarians with diverse backgrounds and experiences, working in a range of
institutional contexts. These narratives may become part of a chapter,
tentatively titled “Taking Advantage of Opportunities for Informal
Leadership,” in a book about thriving as a mid-career librarian, to be
published by ACRL Press.

The anonymity of participants will be strictly protected.

If you have any questions, please contact us at: lmiles at hostos.cuny.edu and
susanne.markgren at manhattan.edu

Thanks for your interest!

Please click here <https://hostos-cuny.libwizard.com/f/midcareerleadership>
to participate in the survey.

*Susanne Markgren, MLIS, MFA*
*Assistant Director of the Library for Technical Services*

Manhattan College, O'Malley Library
Technical Services, Rm 308
4513 Manhattan College Parkway
Riverdale, NY 10471