[Eril-l] Got this message from Kanopy

Marie Seymour-Green seymour at udel.edu
Fri Jun 25 18:48:33 PDT 2021

I asked our Film and Video Librarian and this is her reply:

ProQuest / Alexander Street Press's Academic Video Online (AVON) product is
losing the rights to ~50 PBS titles after June 30.  This is not at all out
of the ordinary for AVON – they lose and add titles to their subscription
database regularly.  ProQuest notified our library of the titles that would
be removed from Academic Video Online on June 12th.  They also have a
program for AVON subscribers that allows libraries to select titles (how
many depends on annual spend) to add to their collections with perpetual
rights, so that libraries would be able to select titles from PBS and other
affected distributors to add to their collections in perpetuity.  (This is
something that happens on an annual basis, and ProQuest expanded their
window for the program this year.)

Marie Seymour-Green <seymour at udel.edu>
*Electronic Resources Librarian*
Collections & Electronic Resources Management Department
University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press
Newark, DE 19717-5267
seymour at udel.edu
https://library.udel.edu