[Eril-l] Project MUSE introduces AI-based related content recommendations, powered by UNSILO

Melanie Schaffner mschaffner.muse at jhu.edu
Tue Jun 22 08:51:41 PDT 2021

PROJECT MUSE INTRODUCES AI-BASED LINKS, POWERED BY UNSILO, FOR RELATED CONTENT

Project MUSE is partnering with UNSILO, a Cactus Communications (CACTUS) brand that develops artificial intelligence(AI)-powered solutions for publishers, to implement robust new AI-driven content recommendations throughout its massive collection of books and journals in the humanities and social sciences. UNSILO recently completed the initial indexing of the Project MUSE content collection and enhanced related content recommendations appear throughout the platform.

The UNSILO Recommender API automatically identifies links to relevant content from the MUSE content corpus for any selected document (book chapter or journal article). The indexing is updated every 24 hours as new content is added to MUSE. Links are delivered to the platform in real time, enriching the user experience and providing relevance-ranked discovery that augments the learning experience. Over 250 concepts are extracted from every document, and then matched by rank with related material.

Wendy Queen, Director of Project MUSE, commented, "We're excited to be working with an innovative, industry-leading partner to bring this rich new discovery experience to researchers on the MUSE platform. UNSILO's leading-edge AI technology will help unearth the most relevant, useful, and timely connections across our deeply interdisciplinary body of content, increasing the efficiency and impact of research with Project MUSE. The continually-refreshed recommendations generated by the UNSILO indexing will increase the visibility of both archival and newly-published material on MUSE, driving usage and helping to fulfill our mission of broad dissemination of essential humanities and social science scholarship."

Nishchay Shah, Chief Technology Officer at Cactus Communications, commented: "We are very proud to be partnering with Project MUSE, one of the most respected names in academic publishing. We feel that UNSILO's concept extraction tools are uniquely suited to the vast wealth of MUSE content, including humanities, social sciences, the arts, philosophy, and religion. UNSILO is content agnostic: it is based on the corpus supplied, which in MUSE's case is one of the most extensive full-text scholarly content repositories available. We believe that MUSE users will find many new and valuable content links from the corpus. At UNSILO, we look forward and to learning more about MUSE users and how they make use of the new tools for discovery provided."

About Project MUSE
Project MUSE<https://muse.jhu.edu/> has offered libraries affordable access to essential humanities and social science research for more than 25 years, as an integral part of the scholarly communications ecosystem and platform of choice for respected not-for-profit publishers. Currently, Project MUSE is the trusted and reliable source for over 700 journals and over 70,000 books, from more than 200 of the world's leading university presses and scholarly societies. MUSE also hosts thousands of open access books and several open access journal titles, freely available to anyone worldwide.

About UNSILO
Founded in 2012, UNSILO<https://unsilo.ai/> provides artificial intelligence tools and solutions for publishers to grow new business opportunities and improve customer experience and publishing workflows. UNSILO is a brand of Cactus Communications (cactusglobal.com), a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. CACTUS solves problems for researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations through innovative products and services developed under the brands Editage, Cactus Life Sciences, R, Impact Science, UNSILO, and Cactus Labs. CACTUS has offices in Princeton, London, Aarhus, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries. CACTUS is considered a pioneer in its workplace best practices and has been consistently ranked a great place to work over the last several years.

Contacts
Project MUSE
Melanie Schaffner<mailto:mschaffner.muse at jhu.edu>
Director, Sales and Marketing, Project MUSE
UNSILO
Titas Dutta<mailto:titas.dutta at cactusglobal.com>
Corporate Communications Manager, Cactus Communications

Melanie Schaffner
Director, Sales & Marketing
Project MUSE
mschaffner.muse at jhu.edu<mailto:mschaffner.muse at jhu.edu>
p 410-516-3846 (Eastern Daylight Time, email preferred due to current remote work environment)
she/her/hers
[cid:image001.png at 01D7675A.8B208200]<https://muse.jhu.edu/>
Celebrate 25 years of MUSE with us at muse.jhu.edu/25<https://muse.jhu.edu/25>

New privacy regulations prevent us from sharing news and updates from Project MUSE with you unless you have opted-in to our communications. Please ensure your get our latest news by signing up for our email<https://about.muse.jhu.edu/news/signup/> list!