[Eril-l] Question on CUFTS Journal Search Tool

Pomes, Stephen V Stephen.Pomes at boem.gov
Tue Jun 15 09:00:28 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I'm hoping that someone in the group may be able to help me with this particular question.  For years, I've used the CUFTS database tool to locate which aggregated full-text databases provide access to specific journal titles.  I work in a one-person shop, and I use CUFTS for cataloging and interlibrary loan purposes.

Originally, Simon Fraser University developed and hosted this database tool as part of their serials management projects.  Later, Trueserials.com hosted the database, but the Trueserials.com site has been down for at least a week.  Is someone else hosting this database?  Access to the database has been free, so that the fact that the site is down is distressing.  Is there a similar product that provides the same kind of information?

For those unfamiliar with CUFTS, these two articles provide some background information on software and the serials management project.

The link below is for an article by A.R.D. Prasad.
http://ir.inflibnet.ac.in:8080/ir/bitstream/1944/551/1/323-329%28cal%2007%29.pdf

The link below is for an article by Kevin Stranack.
http://eprints.rclis.org/12766/1/stranack.reSearcherArticle.pdf

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Steve

PRE-DECISIONAL and DELIBERATIVE NOTICE:  This e-mail (including attachments) may contain information that is pre-decisional  and deliberative or otherwise protected by applicable law.  If you are not the sender or intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or use of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited.

Stephen Pomes, MLIS, Librarian

U.S. Dept. of the Interior

Bureau of Ocean Energy Management

Office of Environment