[Eril-l] Job posting: University Collection Strategy Librarian (CUNY Office of Library Services)
michael.waldman at baruch.cuny.edu
Thu Jul 29 08:53:03 PDT 2021
The CUNY Office of Library Services is hiring a University Collection Strategy Librarian to shape and assess CUNY Libraries’ collections, explore new resources, expand consortial activity, manage e-resources, and deliver training and consultation for all CUNY Libraries. Please share with interested individuals and relevant lists.
University Collection Strategy Librarian
Sunday, August 15, 2021
The Office of Library Services (OLS) within Academic Affairs at the Central Administrative Office of The City University of New York (CUNY) supports the 31 libraries at the University’s 25 campuses to coordinate and enhance library services for students and faculty in partnership with campus librarians.
The Office of Library Services seeks a librarian experienced in collection development and related budget management for the position of University Collection Strategy Librarian. Reporting to the University Dean of Libraries, the University Collection Strategy Librarian will shape and assess CUNY Libraries’ collections, explore new resources, expand consortial activity, manage e-resources, and deliver training and consultation for all CUNY Libraries. The incumbent will manage the selection, procurement, licensing, and implementation of over $8M annually of OLS and University-wide purchased electronic resources, services, software, and service platforms. The University Collection Strategy Librarian will organize library contracts and directly administer the ERM component within Alma, the library management system, and activate centrally purchased resources in the Network Zone, ensuring seamless access for the CUNY community of users.
Working collaboratively within OLS, the University Collection Strategy Librarian will support and expand open research and education initiatives, as well as maximize resource discovery and user experience. The incumbent will also coordinate training and advise on best practices and workflows for 25 CUNY campus libraries performing e-resource management, acquisitions, and collections analysis in the Alma library management system.
Other key duties performed include, but will not be limited to, the following:
* Manage collection development functions and operations to ensure high quality library collections and user experiences.
* Perform ongoing quantitative and qualitative analyses of e-resource acquisitions and management, as well as collections analyses and development.
* Evaluate centralized collections resources and needs using evidence-based data and cost-benefit analysis to inform purchase and cancellation decisions for CUNY-wide and collectively acquired resources and services, and support campus libraries with assessing their local resources and needs.
* Negotiate with vendors to procure resources for University-wide and campus libraries, and describe and justify needs to central administration.
* Partner with CUNY procurement officers and the Office of General Counsel to establish contracts that benefit and protect CUNY library users, resources, and services; manage the timely execution of each budget and procurement step; and advise campus librarians in matters relating to central procurement and licensing.
* Collaborate with department and campus colleagues to conduct and coordinate relevant training for librarians on using CUNY library services platform for acquisitions, management and discovery.
* Actively contribute to and participate in department and university-wide strategic planning, initiatives and activities; serve on committees and task forces representing the department as assigned.
* Supervise, train, and evaluate assigned administrative and clerical support staff.
The Office of Library Services facilitates discovery of and access to CUNY Libraries' collections and to the University's scholarly record. OLS supports enterprise library applications and centralized services delivering system-wide resource management, technical services, and digital repository services. Essential systems managed include CUNY Academic Works (bepress Digital Commons), unified resource management (Ex Libris Alma), discovery (Ex Libris Primo VE), off-campus authentication (OCLC EZproxy), and others.
* Bachelor’s Degree and six years’ related experience required.
* MLS degree and/or Master’s in a related field may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
* ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, or related field may be substituted for up to 2 years of the required experience.
* At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in strategic collection development, evaluation, selection, budgeting, licensing, acquisition and maintenance of library content in all formats in an academic, research or public library, especially a consortial environment.
* Demonstrated experience managing library collection policies and procedures, with knowledge of the academic publishing landscape, current issues and emerging trends, and proficiency using enterprise library platforms and automation systems.
* Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills; detail oriented with strong research, evaluation and writing skills.
* Commitment to promoting and embracing diversity and inclusiveness using a pro-active, flexible and collaborative work style with strong interpersonal communication, presentation, group facilitation and negotiation skills to forge successful relationships and partnerships with diverse members of the university community and external constituents.
* Experience supervising, training and evaluating staff.
* Computer proficiency using academic, administrative, and financial systems, databases, and programs, plus virtual meeting/conferencing and collaboration tools.
How to Apply
Head, Collection Management
Baruch College Library
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l