[Eril-l] Academic Video Online (AVON) in Catalog?

Loree, Erin erin.loree at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jul 9 08:53:55 PDT 2021

Hi Whitney,

Vanderbilt has AVON and Alma. We activated the "Academic Video Online: Premium - United States" CZ collection and added a link in our Databases A-Z list. For the Build By Choice perpetual access titles we select each year, we use the "Move Set of Portfolios" in the Service Editor to move those portfolios to a local collection we called "Academic Video Online Perpetual Access Titles". Our POL is linked to both collections and both collections link to the same bib in the "Additional descriptive information" field.

We wanted to use the perpetual designation in the Access type field of portfolio, but that field does not prevent a portfolio from being deleted if one day we cancel AVON and delete the CZ collection.

If any Alma libraries have a better option for managing AVON, I'd love to know.

Erin

[cid:image002.png at 01D774B0.B5DACB00]

Erin Loree | Electronic Resources Librarian
Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries | Vanderbilt University
Baker Building, 110 21st Ave South, Suite 700, Nashville, TN  37203
erin.loree at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:erin.loree at vanderbilt.edu> | 615.875.4048