[Eril-l] R&P Offers

Loder, Julie L julie.loder at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Jan 29 13:40:49 PST 2021

Hello all,

I am sure that most your institutions received Read & Publisher offers from some publishers this fall. Of course they vary, but I am finding that the theme is to simply increase our current subscription cost by the average institutional APC revenue they were receiving over the past X years.  In our case and I suspect in many others, the library was not paying the APC cost so the offer would substantially increase the cost of the package. Focusing only on budget for the moment and not the value of OA, how are you navigating this at your institution? Has your University provided more funds to help with this? Are you passing on these offers?

Thanks

Julie

[Vanderbilt]<https://www.vanderbilt.edu/>

Julie Loder
Director, Acquisitions & Eresources
Vanderbilt Libraries | Vanderbilt University
615-343-5879 | julie.loder at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:julie.loder at vanderbilt.edu> | https://www.library.vanderbilt.edu<https://www.library.vanderbilt.edu/>

110 21st Avenue South, Suite 700 Baker Bldg
Nashville, TN 37203

Pronouns: she/her/hers