[Eril-l] Subscriptions to 3D model designs for furniture?

Deborah McCarthy McCarthy at uwyo.edu
Tue Jan 19 16:57:08 PST 2021

Hi all,

We have a professor in Family and Consumer Science who is looking for:

Does anyone  know of companies that provide 3D model subscription/ model packs that can be used in a university setting? We are looking for  expanded libraries for students that use AutoCAD, Revit, and 3DS Max. We can get numerous 3D models of furniture for free online, but the selection is low on complexity and style. It would be great if students could download these models from the library  in a similar way that they would download an article. This would be more for use within our modeling and rendering programs (from the Autodesk suite). These programs turn out either rendered "photographs" or even walk-through videos of the spaces.

We are not having any luck finding an option for this, and we've talked with the makerspaces on campus. Does anyone have a source like this? They do not plan to 3D print the models at this time.

Thank you,

Debbie