[Eril-l] Recruitment for two new OA positions at the Microbiology Society

Gaynor Redvers-Mutton G.Redvers-Mutton at microbiologysociety.org
Tue Feb 23 09:23:12 PST 2021

We are recruiting for two new posts which have been created as we accelerate our transformation to open access.  These are exciting opportunities to join a not-for-profit learned Society during a period of changing needs.

The Microbiology Society is a membership charity for scientists interested in microbes, their effects and their practical uses. Our members have a unique depth and breadth of knowledge about the discipline.

We are looking for:

  1.  Journal Business and Data Manager:  You will be instrumental in building, developing and delivering our journal insights and reporting capability with the focus on understanding institutional engagement. This will require skills in handling complex data from a variety of sources and creating and communicating intelligence drawn from it, often in visualized form; and sharing submission, publishing output, sales, citation and usage data with stakeholders. You will be comfortable with gathering and manipulating data from key sources: the publishing platform, the CRM, the manuscript submission system​.

  1.  Promotions and Marketing Manager:  A passionate and well-rounded marketing individual who can support the Society to help unlock and harness the potential of that knowledge for the scientific community, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter and be able to think on their feet. They will have solid experience in journals publishing to support the shift in how we communicate and market our journals portfolio. They will also be experienced in designing and delivering campaigns to promote and drive income for our journals primarily and also conferences and events. They will be possess a high level of creativity, as well as strong marketing knowledge, to help the Society navigate the competitive journals and events environment.  This will include understanding the research cycle, Open Science/Open Access, events promotion and the sales process.

Please see full descriptions and details of how to apply here: https://microbiologysociety.org/why-microbiology-matters/jobs.html

Gaynor Redvers-Mutton | Head of Business Development and Sales
M + +44 (0)7545 601839 | E g.redvers-mutton at microbiologysociety.org<mailto:g.redvers-mutton at microbiologysociety.org>