[Eril-l] Registration Open for NISO Virtual Conference on Ebooks and Collections!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Wed Aug 11 11:49:35 PDT 2021

**Apologies for cross posting**

Our next virtual conference, from 12.00- 4.00pm EDT (Canada/US) on August
25, focuses on Ebooks and Collections
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/08/ebooks-and-collections>—an important
topic for libraries, publishers, and platform providers alike. This virtual
conference will provide an opportunity for experts from these stakeholder
groups to highlight their community’s needs and share their views on how to
meet them, and for all attendees to participate in an Engage and Process
discussion.

Agenda

   -

   Welcome, Todd Carpenter (Executive Director, NISO)
   -

   Learning from Users and Readers, Christina Drummond (Data Trust Program
   Officer, OA eBook Usage Data Trust)
   -

   Creation and Dissemination From The Publisher Perspective, Steve Fallon
   (VP, Americas and Strategic Partnerships, De Gruyter)
   -

   Acquisition and Discovery From the Library Perspective, Tom Bruno
   (Director of Access Services, University of Pennsylvania Libraries)
   -

   Break
   -

   Engage and Process Discussion, All
   -

   Case Studies on Licensing and Accessibility, Jennie Rose Halperin
   (Executive Director, Library Futures)
   -

   Vision Interview with Rob Cartolano (Associate VP for Digital Programs
   and Technology Services, Columbia University Libraries)

Sign up now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-virtual-conference-ebooks-and-collections-registration-129928023215>
— registration includes an unlimited number of attendees from your
organization (discounts for NISO members)

Coming Soon!

Looking ahead, please save the dates now for our September 8 webinar on Data
- Creation, Stewardship, Use
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/09/data-creation-stewardship-use>, and
our September 29 Virtual Conference on Effective Data Management
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/09/effective-data-management>. We’ll also
soon be sharing news of our next training series, starting in
mid-September, which will focus on the important topic of diversity,
equity, inclusion, and accessibility, as well as information about a series
of free webinar workshops on the same topic!

We hope to see you at one or more of our upcoming events, and thanks as
always for your support!

Best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO