[Eril-l] Core webinar: Writing for the Web

Core-CE Announce alcts.ce.announce at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 04:05:00 PDT 2021

*Cross posted to multiple lists*

Core webinar: Writing for the Web

Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021

All webinars are one hour in length and begin at 11 am Pacific, noon
Mountain, 1 pm Central, and 2 pm Eastern time.

the way they look for the content to answer their questions. After
understanding how people read online we will discuss what the inverted
pyramid style is and how it can be used to write effective content. Next we
will take a look at some examples of well formatted content and deconstruct
it. Along the way we will be doing some short exercises where we will
rewrite content to make it easier to be read online. The webinar will help
provide you with practice in how to format content and create something
that is a bit more concise and user-friendly.

Learning outcomes:

At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:

   -

   Understand how the Inverted Pyramid Style can help you write better
   content and lead the readers eye.
   -

   Write content that can easily be scanned
   -

   Know how to better phrase links, headings, and sentences

Who should attend?

The primary audience are people who are writing content for a website.
Regardless of what your role is if you are writing for the web this webinar
will provide you with an introduction on how to write effective content.

Presenter:

Patrick Patterson who has been working as the Web Services Librarian at the
University of Oregon for the past few months. Prior to moving during the
pandemic, he did a variety of different things from working as an Adjunct
Instructor for the Art Institute of Pittsburgh to working at a foundation
building and managing websites. When not working you will find him outside
doing different things from going for a hike in the mountains or spending a
quiet day by the ocean.

*****************

Registration Fees:  Core Member $43; Non-member $59; Group rate $129

For additional information and access to registration links, please go to
the following website:

http://www.ala.org/core/writing-web

Core webinars are recorded and registrants receive a link to the recording
shortly following the live event.

For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling
1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email registration at ala.org.

For all other questions or comments related to Core webinars, please
contact Core CE staff at corece at ala.org.

Posted on behalf of the Core Continuing Education Committee.