[Eril-l] Free Webinar: User Journeys with Online Learning and Research During the Pandemic

Robert Boissy robert.boissy at springernature.com
Thu Apr 8 10:33:53 PDT 2021

***Apologies for cross-posting***

Fellow librarians and all interested parties,

On April 22nd at 11:00 AM EDT, Springer Nature will host a free online event entitled User Journeys with Online Learning and Research During the Pandemic: A Scholarly Communications Symposium.

The scholarly content discovery landscape turned almost completely digital during the pandemic period we have all experienced.  But have user journeys and user experiences to find and use digital content changed?  Some libraries report unexpected downturns in digital resource use during this period and look for explanations.  Were downturns experienced in specific sectors of academic and corporate entities?  Were users disconnected from content they needed during this time?  Were they disconnected from their libraries?  What measures were taken to mitigate disconnection?  What effect did the massive surge of freely available published Covid-19 research have on the overall picture of use, and how much of what happened has been captured by library and publisher COUNTER data?  Is there an effect relating to use of the relatively new release 5 of the COUNTER Code of Practice?  Are their differences between the academic and corporate sectors when it comes to our understanding of the user experience?   Some facts are known and some theories are being tested about digital resource use during the pandemic, and the time for discussion and learning is now.

Join representatives from the university, publisher, and consulting world to discuss what we learned about user journeys and user experiences during the pandemic.  The symposium format will allow for presentations and a solid half hour of questions and moderated discussion.

Speakers:
Lisa Hinchliffe, Professor/Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Champaign IL
Lettie Y. Conrad, Publishing and Product Development Consultant, Westlake Village CA
Robert W. Boissy, Director of Account Development, Springer Nature, New York NY

Register here to attend the event. Can't make it? Register anyways and we'll send you the recording: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6699949284690807055

Very sincerely,

Bob

---
Robert Boissy
Director of Account Development
Institutional Sales and Marketing

Springer Nature
1 New York Plaza, 1 FDR Drive, New York NY 10004
M  +1 (781) 244 7918
robert.boissy at springernature.com
www.springernature.com<http://www.springernature.com/>
---
For self service help try support.springernature.com or write to onlineservice at springernature.com

Springer Nature advances discovery by publishing robust and insightful research, supporting the development of new areas of knowledge and making ideas and information accessible around the world. We provide the best possible service to the whole research community.