[Eril-l] Sign Up Now For NISO’s Next Virtual Conference — Wednesday, March 25, 12.00 - 4.00pm ET!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Fri Mar 20 06:59:49 PDT 2020

Researcher Behaviors and the Impact of Technology
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/03/researcher-behaviors-and-impact-technology>

Technologies like augmented reality, visualization screens, quantum
computing, and more, have the potential to dramatically change both how
research is performed and how research outcomes are presented. But which
technologies have captured the interest of which disciplines, and how are
they transforming their outputs? Our next virtual conference will tap into
this exciting area, featuring speakers from a variety of fields and sectors
— librarians, publishers, service providers, and others — to demonstrate
how different communities are using different tools, and what we can learn
from their experiences.

A single registration allows an unlimited number of staff from your
organization to attend this virtual conference — or to listen to the
archived recording, which is sent to registrants within 24-48 hours of the
event, enabling anyone who can’t participate on the day of the broadcast to
listen at their convenience. We will provide individual sign-on credentials
to staff who are working remotely, providing that you supply us with their
email addresses.

Register now by credit card
<https://www.cvent.com/events/niso-virt-conf-researcher-behaviors-and-the-impact-of-technology/registration-4f34f1c1c5c14517b0b7061391368720.aspx?fqp=true>
or by using this downloadable form
<https://www.niso.org/sites/default/files/events/2019-10/2020%20Virtual%20Conference%20Registration%20Form.pdf>
.

NISO Members: $190; Non-Members: $255; Students: $85.00

Speakers include:

   -

   Bert Carelli, Director of Partnerships, TrendMD
   -

   Vincent Cassidy, Head of Academic Markets, The IET
   -

   Danielle Cooper, Manager, Collaborations and Research, Ithaka S+R
   -

   Hannah C. Gunderman, Lead, Research Data Services, Carnegie Mellon
   University Libraries
   -

   Stephanie Roth, Biomedical & Research Services Librarian, Temple
   University
   -

   Emma Warren-Jones, Co-Founder, Scholarcy

Here’s what just two of those speakers will be addressing:

Title: Tools to support systematic review research

The systematic review process is complex and using tools can help
researchers to navigate the steps involved in a systematic review.  There
are tools available at no cost to researchers for each of the various
stages of the systematic review. Some tools are designed specifically for
systematic reviews.  With over a hundred tools to choose from specifically
designed for systematic reviews, choosing the right tool can be daunting
for researchers. As part of the systematic review service at our library,
we ask researchers to complete a protocol form.  The protocol form gives us
insights into their current awareness or knowledge of tools and we are able
to offer customized recommendations or training. We give them the
information they need to make an informed decision of what tool to use,
without deciding for them.

Title: Promoting Content Discovery Within the Reader/Researcher Workflow

With over 2.5 million scholarly articles published each year – more than
8,000 each day - researchers face a constant challenge of keeping up to
date with new developments within their fields and in adjacent disciplines
that could impact their work. TrendMD’s recommendation engine uses
technology, including Artificial Intelligence (AI) to connect ideas,
subjects, and people.  Article-level recommendations help researchers
discover new content related to their interests, within the context of
their research workflow. Publishers use our service to grow their website
traffic, build readership, find new users, and increase citations. This
presentation will describe how this works, and will include research and
case studies that demonstrate how TrendMD is helping researchers and
publishers achieve their goals through enhanced discovery.

More information, including the conference agenda for this virtual event,
is available on the NISO event page
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/03/researcher-behaviors-and-impact-technology>
.

Please join us for what will be a fascinating cross-sector discussion!

Best Wishes,

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302