[Eril-l] Job Posting: Data Librarian
mbarker at fit.edu
Mon Mar 16 12:22:11 PDT 2020
The Florida Institute of Technology seeks a service-oriented individual with enthusiasm for data to join the Evans Library as a Data Librarian. This is a full-time faculty position reporting to the Asst. Dean of Access & Discovery. Entry-level and early career librarians are encouraged to apply.
The Data Librarian provides data services and expertise to assist faculty and students in managing the lifecycle of data resulting from research projects of all disciplines. S/he develops a data services program to support use, curation, and reuse of data by engaging with the research practices of faculty and students.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provides proactive data management consultation and research data services to faculty and students. Consults on research funder or publication requirements for data sharing.
● Provides training and performs workshops related to data management, data visualization and other related topics.
● Serves as liaison to science and engineering departments and promotes library resources and services.
● Forges new collaborations and relationships that extend the Library’s capacity to support the university’s interdisciplinary initiatives and emerging technologies.
● Engages the campus in broader conversations surrounding e-science and e-scholarship initiatives.
● Assists with the establishment of university-wide standards and best practices for managing, sharing and displaying data.
● Collects, organizes, analyzes, and creates visualizations of data related to publication and research impact.
● Tests new tools and visualization frameworks.
● Serves on library and university committees. Represents Florida Tech as needed at regional and national conferences and meetings.
● Keeps current with relevant trends in higher education research libraries.
Experience and Education:
● ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science
● Experience in research data management, datasets, and visualization
● Knowledge of national and international trends in data management and curation
● Excellent oral and written communications skills
● Experience using tools for metadata manipulation and knowledge of metadata standards
● Experience using statistical software applications, such as Excel, R, JMP or SPSS
● Experience with data visualization software and tools
● Research laboratory experience
About Florida Institute of Technology
Founded at the dawn of the Space Race in 1958, Florida Tech<http://fit.edu/> is the only independent, technological university in the Southeast. PayScale.com ranks graduates’ mid-career median Salaries among the nation’s best. The university is a Tier 1 Best National University in U.S. News & World Report and is one of just nine schools in Florida lauded by the Fiske Guide to Colleges. Times Higher Education has ranked Florida Tech one of the top 20 small universities in the world and named it one of the top universities in the United States. Florida Tech offers undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs. Fields of study include engineering, science, aeronautics, business, mathematics, cybersecurity, psychology, humanities, communication and education. Find additional information at www.fit.edu.
About the Evans Library
The mission of the Evans Library<http://lib.fit.edu/> is to enable our students and faculty to positively influence the society in which they live by creating an exceptional learning and discovery environment. The Libraries will enhance their support by creating and sustaining an intuitive and trusted information environment in a culturally and technologically superior setting. Florida Tech Libraries are committed to developing innovative services, programs, spaces, strategies, and systems that promote discovery, dialogue, learning, and the nourishment of the human spirit.
Consideration of candidates will begin March 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Ideally, candidates should be prepared to begin on May 1, 2020.
To apply for this position send (1) a detailed cover letter addressing how your experience matches the qualifications, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information, including email and phone number, of at least three references to Angela Taylor libadmin at fit.edu<mailto:libadmin at fit.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l