[Eril-l] Temporary e-book access for distance-learning mode during the COVID-19 outbreak

Kelly B. Swickard KBS at press.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 12 11:32:13 PDT 2020

Thank you to all who mentioned Project MUSE, we have over 2000 + open access e-books. These are peer-reviewed titles. We have a few open access journals too.

Anyone can download MARC Records, KBART files or title lists.  https://about.muse.jhu.edu/muse/open-access-overview/

Additionally, we have our Open Access Book Collection available for you to activate in the various knowledge bases (EBSCO, OCLC, Ex Libris (various)

Here is what the collection's names in the various knowledge bases.

Package Name

EBSCO

Name in OCLC

OCLC collection ID

Name in Ex Libris 360 KnowledgeBase

Name in Ex Libris SFX KnowledgeBases

Open Access Books

Project Muse Open Access ebooks

Project Muse Open Access Books

project_muse_726

Project MUSE - Open Access Books

PROJECT_MUSE_OPEN_ACCESS_BOOKS

If you have questions about downloading MUSE's resources, feel free to contact me.

As a fellow librarian who has worked in academic libraries, if I may echo other people's suggestions - there are many resources for people to access during these difficult times: Internet Archive, Project Gutenberg, Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB), Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Digital Public Library of America (DPLA), Library of Congress Digital Collections (World Digital Library, Smithsonian libraries too), HathiTrust, and various state and national libraries.

Thank you and good luck everyone,

Kelly

Kelly B. Swickard, MA, MLIS

Metadata & Linked Data Strategist