[Eril-l] Providers/Publishers/Platforms who support Google Scholar CASA

Light, Ruth Anne ralight at indiana.edu
Mon Jul 6 06:04:37 PDT 2020

That's been a concern for me as well, although it's not an area of expertise for me, so I can't speak much to it. For right now, the only information I have regarding privacy information is the following (included on the 3rd tab of the Sheet for those who peruse it):

Privacy/Options
"End users can opt out of CASA and Universal CASA at any time; see Google Scholar Account Settings.
Note that the Universal CASA script can/does send data to Google."
Source: https://www.nrcresearchpress.com/page/librarians/casa

CASA is GDPR-compliant as it does not capture, convey, or store any personal data about the researcher, but rather only uses CASA institutional subscription information. No individual private information is used. Google's privacy policy covers CASA as well.
Privacy Policy: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us
Source: https://connect.ebsco.com/s/article/Campus-Activated-Subscriber-Access-CASA-for-EBSCO

--

Ruth Light