[Eril-l] NETSL 2021 Annual Spring Conference - Call for proposals

Marisela Madrigal mmadriga at bates.edu
Mon Dec 14 11:36:01 PST 2020

The New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL
<https://netsl.wordpress.com/>) mission is to bring together all persons in
the region interested in technical services for the exchange of ideas and
discussion of problems.

The NETSL Annual Spring Virtual Conference will be held Friday, April 16th,
2021.

We are seeking proposals for 60-minute breakout sessions and 7-minute
lightning talks for our 2021 theme, Moving forward: Coping with New
Realities in Technical Services. Topics might include:

   -

    strategies for handling aggregated job responsibilities
   -

    techniques for articulating expectations and consequences
   -

    tools for keeping the library running with limited resources
   -

    aligning job descriptions with job actualities
   -

    methods for navigating through constant change
   -

    advocacy ideas for moving technical services forward as a profession.
   -

    Libraries partnering with vendors on projects.

The deadline for proposal submission is 5:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, January
14. Please submit your proposal using the form at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fOxxK9ESxvkCQzp7SUtSiX4X4gVWXJrIH23RkR5fis0/edit
Presenters will be notified about proposals via email in late February.

You can see titles of past presentations since 2005 at
https://netsl.wordpress.com/netslconference.

Please direct any questions to the NETSL Executive Board at netsl at nelib.org.

--
Marisela Madrigal