[Eril-l] Potomac Technical Processing Librarians (PTPL) is seeking presentation proposals for our Annual Meeting, which will be held online on October 16, 2020

Brearcliffe, Donna DBREARCLIFFE at crs.loc.gov
Mon Aug 3 09:16:33 PDT 2020

{apologies for cross posting - forwarding on request}

Potomac Technical Processing Librarians (PTPL) is seeking presentation proposals for our Annual Meeting, which will be held online on October 16, 2020

The focus of our meeting this year will be a conversation on ethics in technical services. We encourage submissions that examine the topic through the technical services lens. Potential topics include but are not limited to:

*         Subject heading use and the implementation of local subject headings

*         Ethical considerations relating to authority record creation

*         Patron privacy concerns

*         Library-vendor relationships

*         Establishing ethical collection development policies

*         Unconscious biases in preservation decisions

*         Legal ramifications of technical services work

Please include the following information in your proposal:

*         Name, job title, institution, and contact information of presenter(s)

*         Title of presentation

*         Abstract (approx. 150 words)

*         Estimated presentation length

Please send your proposals to Kim Edwards (kedwar13 at gmu.edu<mailto:kedwar13 at gmu.edu>) by September 1st Presenters will be notified of their selection status on or before September 21st.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Donna Brearcliffe
Head, Acquisitions & Collections | Knowledge Services Group
Congressional Research Service | Library of Congress
dbrearcliffe at crs.loc.gov<mailto:dbrearcliffe at crs.loc.gov>
phone: (202) 707-6235