[Eril-l] How to track all usage of individual journal titles

Hertz, Ian S. hertzis at wssu.edu
Fri Sep 6 12:11:19 PDT 2019

Hello,

I am trying to make sure I capture all usage on titles not in aggregate databases.  For example, we have EBSCO manage our subscription to Harvard Educational Review.  It's discoverable in our Serials Solutions ejournal portal.  A user would click through to get to EJS.  At that time, they could either browse by publication date, find the article and click open in new window.  I know EJS tracks that but if a user clicked through to the publisher site (an option in EJS) and find full text there, I'd want to track that.  Ultimately, I want to track all full text accesses in all placed for titles not in aggregate databases.  I know in counter 5, I can use total item requests but is there an easier way than to have to track in multiple places and sum them up?

Thank you.

NOTE: (Please keep attachments in all correspondence)

Ian Hertz, MLIS
Electronic Resources Librarian
Business Reference Librarian
O'Kelly Library Rm 114