[Eril-l] Job Posting: Technical Services Librarian - Missouri University of Science and Technology
Merrell, Becky S.
rmerrell at mst.edu
Fri Oct 25 10:45:32 PDT 2019
Library and Learning Resources
Posted until filled
Full Time/Part Time
The Curtis Laws Wilson Library of the Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) invites applications for the position of Technical Services Librarian. This new position is part of the library's reorganization to better serve the needs of the Missouri S&T campus.
Reporting to the Dean of the Library, the Technical Services Librarian will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the library catalog and other discovery tools, as well as the acquisition of library resources, both physical and electronic. The relatively small size of the library means there will be many opportunities to work in cross-functional teams as well as to play a leadership role in initiatives leading the library forward in an ever-changing environment. Missouri S&T participates in a shared catalog environment with the University of Missouri System and the Librarian will have opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across the system.
* Manages the library's catalog, electronic discovery tool, link resolver, knowledge base, EZproxy server, and usage statistics products.
* Generates usage and budgetary reports to support collection development decisions.
* Develops and implements workflows and practices to enhance the discovery and description of materials and access to the library's collection of electronic resources.
* Provides electronic resource troubleshooting, and works with vendors to resolve access issues.
* Works with a team of staff members responsible for copy cataloging, processing, and maintenance of the collection.
* Works with liaison librarians for collection development assessment, including weeding, and accreditation needs.
* Acts as a metadata consultant for the library's institutional repository, Scholars' Mine.
* Acquires and processes batch loading of MARC catalog records.
* Participates in library projects and initiatives.
* Participates in scholarly and professional development.
* Other duties as assigned.
Applications, including curriculum vitae, and at least three letters of recommendation should be submitted electronically to the Missouri University of Science and Technology's Human Resource Office at: https://hr.mst.edu/careers/academic-employment/ using Job Reference Number 31784. Acceptable electronic formats are PDF and MS Word. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
* Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program by start date.
* Knowledge of RDA, MARC formats, LC classification and subject headings required.
* Experience maintaining and supporting electronic resources in an academic library setting, including cataloging experience.
* Experience with Innovative Interfaces Incorporated products.
* Experience with EZproxy.
* Experience with link resolvers, knowledge bases, usage statistics tools, and discovery tools (e.g., Summon).
* Experience with tools for bulk editing of metadata (MarcEdit, OpenRefine, Excel, etc.).
* Familiarity with shared or consortia cataloging environments.
* Customer service experience.
* Supervisory experience.
* Knowledge of current issues and trends in cataloging, and electronic resources, and licensing.
* Knowledge of XML and related technologies.
* Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to resolve issues, answer questions, and work independently with limited supervision.
* Ability to work well with others and to contribute to a positive work environment.
Missouri S&T is one of the nation's leading research universities. Located about 100 miles west of St. Louis in the community of Rolla, Missouri S&T is an accessible, safe and friendly campus surrounded by Ozarks scenery. Missouri S&T offers degrees in engineering, the sciences, liberal arts, humanities and business, with master's and Ph.D. programs available in many of the science and engineering programs and master's degrees in biological sciences, business administration and technical communication. With nearly 9,000 students enrolled online and on campus, Missouri S&T is big enough to accommodate a diverse population but small enough for individuals to stand out. Additional information about the university is available at https://www.mst.edu/.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
* EEO is the Law English Version<http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf>
* EEO is the Law Spanish Version<http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf>
* EEO is the Law Chinese Version<http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost(chinese).pdf>
Apologies for any cross-postings.
Library Information Specialist, Sr.
Curtis Laws Wilson Library
400 W. 14th St., Rolla, MO 65409-0060
rmerrell at mst.edu<mailto:rmerrell at mst.edu> | library.mst.edu<http://library.mst.edu/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2548 bytes
More information about the Eril-l