[Eril-l] OER and usage statistics

Mary J. Walker mwalker6 at butlercc.edu
Thu Nov 14 11:35:12 PST 2019

Hello.

Our English department has recently begun to create open educational resources for the students.  We have been placing the OERs on a network drive and providing access via a link in our online catalog and in various other places.  Our Director is now wanting to track usage of these documents.  My first thought was Google Analytics but since the documents are not accessed from a website, this option won't work as far as I can tell.

Has anyone else delved into the self-published world of OERs?  Where do you store the files and how do you track their use?

I would be happy to hear suggestions.  Thank you.

Mary Walker, MLS
Systems Librarian
Butler Community College Libraries
mwalker6 at butlercc.edu<mailto:mwalker6 at butlercc.edu>  316-323-6810