[Eril-l] Policy for saying "polite no" to overzealous cold-calling/emailing sales reps, and random LibGuide recommendations?

Arndt,Theresa arndtt at dickinson.edu
Fri Nov 1 09:57:25 PDT 2019

My "policy" is I don't answer the phone unless the caller ID indicates it's someone I actually want to talk to at that time.  They will leave a message.  If it's not a sales call or sales email I'm interested in, I just delete it unless I already have a relationship with the vendor/sales rep.   If I already have a relationship, I will respond that we're not interested but thanks for the information.

I think it's the FTC that recently reported that by next year 50 percent of our phone calls will be spam or scams.   I do not feel bad about screening, even though I really am a polite person and I am always very nice to the vendors/reps with whom we do business.

(Have gotten 4 spam voicemails already today!)

-- Theresa

Theresa Arndt
Library & Information Services
Dickinson College