[Eril-l] 2019 Charleston Conference Registration Now Open!

Beth Bernhardt brbernha at uncg.edu
Mon Jun 17 06:25:25 PDT 2019

The Charleston Conference is pleased to announce that registration for our
2019 event is now open! Take advantage of early bird pricing by registering
at the link below prior to September 13.

Register now at
https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/conference-events/2019-conference-registration/

Confirmed Keynote Speakers:

   - Kumsal Bayazit, CEO, Elsevier
   - Patricia Flatley Brennan, RN, PhD, Director, National Library of
   Medicine
   - Brewster Kahle, Founder and Digital Librarian, Internet Archive
   - See full speaker bios at
   https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/speakers/

Other Events:

   - The Charleston FAST PITCH Competition – awarding two prizes of $2,500
   each for innovation in libraries.
   https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/fastpitch/
   - The Charleston Premiers: Five Minute Previews of the New and
   Noteworthy.
   https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/events/charleston-premiers/
   - Juried Product Development Forums – designed for publishers and
   vendors to gather market input from librarians on the development of a
   particular product or service, and for librarians to discuss market issues
   with publishers and vendors invited to participate in a forum.
   https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/events/juried-product-development-forums/
   - More to be announced later on with our full conference schedule.

Preconference Schedule

Preconferences are workshops and seminars that will be held on the Monday
and Tuesday prior to the start of the main conference. These sessions
require an additional registration and fee, and are intended to be in-depth
learning sessions that will offer a deeper, more thorough look at topics
related to collection development and acquisitions.
https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/preconferences/

Hotel Guest Room Blocks

The week of the conference is a busy time in Charleston due to other events
in town; please make sure to make reservations in advance.  The deadline
for group reservations is OCTOBER 1 unless otherwise noted.  *Be sure to
mention that you are with the Charleston Library Conference to receive the
group rate. *Contact Shirley Davidson, our Hotel Liaison and Conference
Mentor, with any questions at shirley at charlestonlibraryconference.com.
https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/travel/hotels/

Please contact Leah Hinds, Executive Director, with any questions at
leah at charlestonlibraryconference.com. We look forward to seeing you in
Charleston!

Beth R. Bernhardt
Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications
Associate Professor
University Libraries
University of North Carolina Greensboro
PO Box 26170