[Eril-l] Position opening: Research Impact Librarian (Northwestern University, Chicago)

Ramune K. Kubilius r-kubilius at northwestern.edu
Wed Jun 5 07:21:46 PDT 2019

Are you interested in using your search skills in new and exciting areas? Do you appreciate connecting with faculty to show how the library can support their work?

Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center<https://galter.northwestern.edu/> at Northwestern University in Chicago is looking for a librarian who enjoys outreach with faculty, staff and students, and who is interested in applying their literature searching skills to the area of bibliometrics and research assessment!  We encourage applications from librarians with any level of searching expertise who want to help define this important and emerging field. While we appreciate candidates with experience in bibliometrics, we are also looking for librarians new to this topic but who have enthusiasm and a desire to learn.

This position will work as part of Galter Library’s Research Assessment and Communications department to support individuals and groups in their understanding, assessment, visualization, and reporting of impactful outcomes of research and clinical care efforts. The department provides advisory services for researchers, groups, departments, and centers on topics such as: developing successful publishing and dissemination strategies, managing or tracking publications, maintaining an impactful online identity, measuring or assessing research impact by discipline, and communicating research impact to diverse audiences.

Read the full job description: https://careers.northwestern.edu/psc/hr92prod_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=36256&PostingSeq=1