[Eril-l] Digital Services Librarian, Indiana University Kokomo
Rodgers Jr, James Raymond
jarodger at iuk.edu
Wed Jul 10 09:34:25 PDT 2019
DIGITAL SERVICES LIBRARIAN - INDIANA UNIVERSITY KOKOMO
The Indiana University Kokomo Library<http://www.iuk.edu/library/> seeks a collaborative and innovative librarian to provide leadership for the Library's digital services, including electronic resources and web content. This entry-level, tenure-track position has primary responsibility for the continued development and assessment of the Library's digital resources collection and web presence and liaison responsibilities for the School of Nursing and the Division of Allied Health Sciences. The Digital Services Librarian is responsible for activating, troubleshooting and maintaining access for the Library's electronic resources; maintaining the Library's website; promoting digital resources and supporting Library information technology. Departmental liaison activities include all aspects of teaching, learning and research support for assigned areas. A full description of the position responsibilities and expectations may be found at: https://iuk.libguides.com/digservlib
One of eight campuses of Indiana University, Indiana University Kokomo is a comprehensive non-residential campus located 50 miles north of Indianapolis in Kokomo, Indiana, a city with a population of approximately 57,000. Committed to student success, the campus serves approximately 3,100 students from a 14 county area in north central Indiana. IU Kokomo has approximately 260 faculty and staff, and offers Associate, Baccalaureate, and Masters Degrees. Additional information about Indiana University Kokomo may be found at: http:/www.iuk.edu<http://www.iuk.edu/>.
* MLS/MIS/MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution
* At least one year of post-MLS work experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of web content management systems
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Experience providing online and in-person reference support and information literacy instruction
* Commitment to inclusion with an understanding of the library needs of a diverse community
* Demonstrated ability to work productively, independently and collaboratively
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
§ Collegial attitude and enthusiasm for innovation
* Commitment to professional development, research and service in order to meet the requirements for tenure and promotion
* Availability for occasional evening and weekend work
* Professional experience with digital resources in an academic library
§ Knowledge of contract and license interpretation, including fair use and copyright
§ Familiarity with Springshare software and applications
§ Knowledge of OCLC Connexion, SirsiDynixWorkflows
§ Knowledge of EZproxy, SUSHI, EDI, Counter and OpenURL/z39.50
§ Experience with vendor (e.g., EBSCO) and knowledge base (e.g., ExLibris 360) administration interfaces
§ Familiarity with social media platforms
§ Supervisory experience
§ Second master's degree
Position is available September 1, 2019; start date is negotiable. Interested candidates may submit an application at: http://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/8052. Questions regarding the position or application process may be directed to Polly Boruff-Jones, Dean of the Library, pboruffj at iuk.edu<mailto:pboruffj at iuk.edu>.
Indiana University Kokomo seeks faculty skilled at working with members of diverse cultures and committed to preparing students to be engaged members of an increasingly diverse society.
Indiana University Kokomo is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l